Cfist honor guard/vets

reaver13

So along with a few other people I'm sure, Rynn's World has inspired me to pick my Cfists back up. Looking at what I painted some 2 years ago or so I felt a repaint was in order, along with some new models. So first up I'm doing a potential honor guard and/or Crusade Company squad. I got a box of sternguard and the veterans mk2 to make this unit, and my pre-existing pedro will be getting stripped and repainted as well. Lot more pics to follow soon.

gallery_36142_3242_165485.jpg

gallery_36142_3242_80896.jpg

gallery_36142_3242_1725.jpg

*edit: tiny pic update to the sarge model before work

Nice models - love the deep, dark crimson. Did you use a purple wash?

My only critique is that the arms look a little too dark - almost black - but that might just be the lighting.

The almost black look will be corrected some, I add matte medium to my black wash to reduce the shine. Seems to have had some mildly adverse affects if it pools anywhere. Otherwise it gives necron abyss a nice midnight blue look.

The red is scab red with a Devlan mud wash. I may try purple thouh, could give it a nice deep hue

The almost black look will be corrected some, I add matte medium to my black wash to reduce the shine. Seems to have had some mildly adverse affects if it pools anywhere. Otherwise it gives necron abyss a nice midnight blue look.

The red is scab red with a Devlan mud wash. I may try purple thouh, could give it a nice deep hue

I use a 2:1 mix of Baal Red and Leviathan Purple om my Blood angels. It does give a nice sense of depth to the model. Try experimenting with it - it might tie the crimson and the blue together a bit more (not that your models need it - they look damn good!)

This will probably be the last update until the weekend. I have six other veterans in progress I hope to post up then, and the plan is to also have these guys all finished off. Pedro maybe not.. so many details to pick up and shade/highlight correctly. Who knows, I might get it done. Anyways!..

Honoured Sergeant Gaius: Got some scroll work to do, along with highlights and he should be completed.

gallery_36142_3242_96648.jpg

Lord Hellblade himself: Long way to go as I said, even after he's completed no telling when i can get to his retarded backpack/banner.

gallery_36142_3242_130680.jpg

Lastly honoured brother Pietro: Just started work on him two days ago. You can see plenty of mistakes I have to go back and touch up. Love this model though, can't wait to finish him!

gallery_36142_3242_11878.jpg

Also, I saw someone else post up a "Name my marines" style thing. If any of you reading this have some interesting Italian/Spanish conquistadoresque/ or Roman style names feel free to share them with me and see them on a mini. I tried finding names myself, but my wife found it odd that when she came home I was staring at a webpage of Italian baby names! :)

I think they are coming along very well. My only gripe is the bright red inner part of the loin cloth of Brother Pietro. The brightness captures your attention first and detracts from the model rather than complement it. I'd paint it as shaded rather than a different colour.

Keep up the good work and hope to see them finished. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Not a great deal to update, been super busy as of late. I did manage to lay my hands on a new venerable dreadnought and begin getting him ready for joining the 1st Company. Going to try and do another update midweek and finally show some finished models. Think this might turn into a full blown 1st Company WIP log, as I now have a few transports that are going to get a crimson fist paint job. Anyways...

gallery_36142_3242_308931.jpg

C&C welcome as always!

Archived