=][= 54mm blog

Ferran

Original thread here

Blogger here, which I plan on being a more substantial blog with less wip type pics but more text and musings (despite latest post)

Another blog for people that want profiles and fluff

I'll continually update this thread with latest pics

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd176/Jazz_is_for_losers/Second%20Circle/Gabriel_Stern_02.jpg

More models at my blogger page

Thanks!

Yes the eyes are meant to convey an inner power. This character is a psyker (profile in one of my links), I suppose it's a kind of posession. I've been thinking of adding pupils to the eyes though because I think his face is a bit flat, and some poeple have commented to that effect.

Yes the eyes are meant to convey an inner power. This character is a psyker (profile in one of my links), I suppose it's a kind of posession. I've been thinking of adding pupils to the eyes though because I think his face is a bit flat, and some poeple have commented to that effect.

yea i see it now, thought he might have been one of the religious blokes (i forgot the name), but now i see the intention it looks great

These are all very, very good - the commissar especially though this boy has the 'slightly touched' appearance of all good psykers.

As an aiside though - only flak armour for a pair of Stormtroopers?

Yes it's due to the game of =][= really, you can't have everyone running around in power armour or even carapace if you want a nice fun experience. I do have a wip trooper with carapace and a riot shield, but generally they just get flack. Might be better to think of them as kill troopers or Inquisitorial agents rather than 40k style storm troopers.

I like that latest character, I imagine it is a little difficult coming up with ideas and bits to customize/convert 54mm characters. I've often thought about picking up one of these larger models to paint for fun. Out of curiosity do you paint them assembled or in pieces, I see them being rather bulky to paint fully assembled but I also could see how they would need some joint filling and thus require full assembly first.

Thanks for commenting!

As far as painting and assembly is concerned it varies a bit. This guy is good because I'm just going to paint his pack and head separately, but you're right there is a fair bit of joint filling required and unfortunately some of this must be done after painting. I haven't done any post-paint filling yet because none of them are varnished but I intend to go back and fill/paint any gaps when the paint has a bit of protection.

I try to minimise it by doing very precise dry fits, but sometimes it's hard to avoid. The enforcer shield arm for example has a gap in the shoulder connection which can't be seen in the pics, but this is the only one so far. Also in the case of the Acolyte I didn't pin his arm, instead I used a blob of kneadite as a connecter. I glued both contact points, rolled a ball of kneadite, put it on the torso and then squashed the arm on.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived