Emperor of Mankind

Lord Lucius

Here is my Emperor Model all painted up! I purchased this model about a year ago and finally got him painted up! i am hoping to do a Custodes guard to go with him. I have found some models so all i have to do is buy them now haha.

C&C is always welcome even if you think it sucks haha

gallery_36706_2526_968490.jpg

gallery_36706_2526_181476.jpg

gallery_36706_2526_389543.jpg

gallery_36706_2526_256338.jpg

gallery_36706_2526_1461079.jpg

I'm not entirely sure I like this mini, something about it looks a little off (I'm just talking about the actual mini itself, not your work).

I've seen a couple of these before but yours is probably the best I've seen so far. Painting almost an entire mini in metallics isn't easy, but you've executed it very well. I particularly like the subtle highlighting and shading on the raised details of the armour. Overall a fantastic job.

James

Finally purchased one of these myself, just waiting for it to arrive. I'd love to use it in my army, just not sure how (especially considering I'm in a personal dispute about which codex to use for my Deathwatch). Hope mine looks half as nice as yours at least :rolleyes:

Like the face and the base - did you make the base? If so, how? I think the armour could use some work, maybe some more highlights and or washes as it seems to have a uniform colour [may be the picture]. Also, is that a gloss varnish or just the paint? If it is gloss then I think a matt varnish would work better.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and critiques! thnaks fo all the positive feed back!

Haha Rambo is the Emperor that is great! I never even thought of that when I did it hahaha!

the base came with the model when i purchased it. It is made of Resin though so it is just cast. Also it is a matt varnish. The picture must take away some it is highlighted as well as washed.

You can buy the model On ebay search for Knights-Store

do you think you could give us a link becuase I can't seem to find it.

Awasome mini by the way, can't wait to see what you do for the custodes

They pop up infrequently. Try looking up 'death knight' 'Odin Kinght' and that may yield some results. I scored an Emperor and Mortarion from that...

Sowwy, lol. :rolleyes:

I like what you have done with him. You have done an amazing job of the Metalics IMHO. I couldn't even come close, or even want to try. My only tiny critisim would be, I think his flesh is a lil pale looking. But that could simply be due to the camera, or lighting.

All in all, good job well done ;)

CTK

Archived