Possession or Extra Armor for a Land Raider?

ashrog

Title says it. Obviously, possession is usually better for only 5 points more. But does that still apply if the Raider is the primary anti-tank firepower in the army list? Is the -1 BS too much to bear?

On a vehicle where everything is twin-linked, the -1 BS isn't that bad. I'd go possession.

this.

Seconded (thirded?). On a D. Possessed tank I usually shell out ten extra points for a combi-flamer as well....never misses.

Postumus

But does that still apply if the Raider is the primary anti-tank firepower in the army list?

the LR should never ever be the primary anti tank fire power of any chaos army. not without potms. as extra vs possession goes . the thing is that with 2 LR at 1500 pts there is not enough points to buy 2 possesions , so extra armor it is. above 1500 LR rush stops being playable[not that it is very good at 1500 to begin with].

I dont run with either. Mainly due to three raiders in a 1500 list. Often 28 zerkers and a lord, just to be fluffy. Other times just with pure zerks, and a prince behind one. Either way I will get a charge or two from exiting them. My main anti tank is the zerkers with lascannons acting as anti transport enforcers. They do that job well enough.

Archived