Chaos Cultists Models?

Max Power

Hey guys!

I've used summoned lesser demons as a regular part of my Traitor Salamanders army. I use Bloodletters now, but I'm looking for a change. I'd like to make some Chaos Cultists a la Dawn of War. How would you make the conversion? My first thought was empire flagellants for the legs and heads, and cadian torsos and arms. If anyone has any thoughts or tips, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!

You could use Warhammer Chaos Marauders if you want primitive looking Cultists, perhaps to represent the barbaric tribes of the daemonworld deep in the eye of terror.

This would also explain the high strenght and the good weaponskill of your counts as daemon cultists :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Flagellents are good. High elf/dark elf legs with human torsos work well. If you're lucky and can find the old-school cultist pewters on ebay or a trading site use those as well. Beastmen make great "penal legion" stand ins for traitor guard as well.

The dark elf warrior heads are very similar to the old cultist models. I'm going to be starting a traitor guard army soon, including cultists and mutants, and I'll be using a combination of dark elf/high elf/cadian/catachan/marauder/flagellant/beastmen plastic parts to make them.

The exact combinations I've been considering are as follows:

Traitors: High elf archer legs, cadian torso and arms, flagellant/marauder heads

Cultists(penal legion): Dark elf warrior legs, marauder/catachan torso and arms, dark elf heads

Mutants(conscripts): Ungor/marauder/flagellant bits, anything still available after the other two are done

Gonna buy me some flagellates today I think, they will make good Rebel scum, I'm still planning on doing an army using the list in IA 7 for I guess Astro 2011 and fun of course. Been working on some test figs, will keep working on them, not sure if I can post them on B&C there was never a ruling on imperial guard rebel militia that I could find, they have no power armor, though you can through in power armored troops in your list if you like.

Archived