Berzerkers: Chaos mutations sprue as powerfists?

So I'm planning on giving my Zerker champ a PF, but I'm currently in rather short supply. I was thinking he could have an arm from the old chaos mutations sprue and have that count as a PF. Khorne could have granted him the appendage as a gift for his Skull Champion-ness. I'm only concerned with tourneys and WYSIWYG rules. Some stuck-up might try and argue "That's not a PF, that's a mutation, so he has to be a possessed." Thoughts?

You very well could have a problem at tournys. In friendly games just tell your opponent b4 hand.

A PF should not be hard to come by. I probably have 10 in my bits box (I hate the ones from the "new" csm's), if you have a LGS near you just strike up a conversation with some chaos or even s/m players, then ask if anyone could spare one. If someone ask me for one I would certainly give it to them.

I would have thought that specific arms from the Possessed sprue actually replicate a power fist quite well (at least two of them do to my eyes, just file down the fingers a bit and remove any particular strong mutations from it), just be sure to paint it accordingly to show what it is (same colour as your power weapons etc) rather than some sort of majorly warped appendage.

As for CSM PF's.. when you have to buy packs of 10, but require groups of 7 or 8 models, you end up with a group not having a power fist, so I know I had to buy some for my DG models in addition to the CSM boxes.

if its the new posessed ones, then there shouldn't be any problem with a minor conversion or two. they already look like fists.

On a zerker however you could even consider just going power weapon because of the +1 Initiative. It's debatable, some people prefer s10 i1 and some prefer s5 i5

if its the new posessed ones, then there shouldn't be any problem with a minor conversion or two. they already look like fists.

On a zerker however you could even consider just going power weapon because of the +1 Initiative. It's debatable, some people prefer s10 i1 and some prefer s5 i5

PF with furious charge would be S9 I1 though, otherwise you're correct. (4*2 + 1)

Easily construct a powerfist using spare parts. I try to go with a power klaw look, but more marine-ish. Huge pincers to a fist-like arm and it's good enough. I used dark eldar spiky parts chopped off their helmets/arms and I made one look like a dreadnought fist with claws like the Space Wolf dread. No pics, as usual, just an old laptop.

Hm, well for now I only have the 4th edition possessed sprue, which you can find in the Chaos bitz section of GW's website /store. If you've got the sprue or can find a picture, I was thinking of using the crab-like claw, as I'd imagine it functions just like a PF would.

However, I just found an extra PF in my bitz box and glued it on. :rolleyes: Lucky me, I guess.

Archived