A nice Try, followed by a swift Conversion!

Lestat

For those whos spotted the sporting references in the topic title, you may have already guessed that this is my little homage to my home Nations Rugby team. I was inspired to convert this model after watching an absolutely brilliant game of classic Rugby when England played Wales during the opening weekend of the 6 Nations tournament.

Anyway, thats the background and inspiration behind this model. At the moment it is WIP and needs some work done on the paint - which I hope to do whilst watching the games this weekend.

gallery_36289_4604_3713683.jpg

gallery_36289_4604_2652291.jpg

gallery_36289_4604_836532.jpg

I tried to get a dirty look for the armour because I have never seen a Rugby player come out of a match with pristine kit! As you may have noticed, he is in Englands colours.

Any C&C is greatly appreciated.

Glorious! :) But where's the Welsh Guardsman being piled into the floor??????

Well I am actually tampted to do a "battle" scene with the English Marine fending off other Marines representing the other members of the 6 Nations while he scores a Try. You can't actually see it that well in the pics due to the angle, but he is just about to cross the 22 yard line.

great model, you just need to add a few little things to make it perfect...

firstly you need to paint a rose on the pad, if thats possible :S

and then you should put a number on the back pack, in the little square...

and just for laughs you could put some blood around the mouth then you could call him Tom Williams... HAHA only joking, u need to put fake blood there...

but i do love your model very original <_<

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot...

Ahem :D

Seriously nice idea man, is this gunna be a fun army? Or is it going to be competitive like the actual team? :devil:

And are we going to be seeing models for different teams also? Because, if you could devise a system of rules for you to play Rugby with these models, I might look into doing this :D

Ahem :)

Seriously nice idea man, is this gunna be a fun army? Or is it going to be competitive like the actual team? :P

And are we going to be seeing models for different teams also? Because, if you could devise a system of rules for you to play Rugby with these models, I might look into doing this :D

Competitive?? Are you joking? What a thoroughly disappointing game Vs Italy. WE're not going to win!

great model, you just need to add a few little things to make it perfect...

firstly you need to paint a rose on the pad, if thats possible :S

and then you should put a number on the back pack, in the little square...

and just for laughs you could put some blood around the mouth then you could call him Tom Williams... HAHA only joking, u need to put fake blood there...

but i do love your model very original :D

I'm going to try and make a wateeslide transfer for the pad. Just need to find a decent Rose pic.

As for the Bloodgate reference, maybe he should be a Death Company Marine!

Digging the model will wait for the All Black Mini since there the only team better than england in rugby :P

Only one problem with that, the All Blacks aren't in the 6 Nations!

Quality model mate, thats what this hobby is about...FUN. Some people seem to forget that. :P

Great work :D :tu:

It's always about FUN! This was just a quick conversion thats a tribute to one of my favourite sports.

Ahem :D

Seriously nice idea man, is this gunna be a fun army? Or is it going to be competitive like the actual team? :)

No intention for a full rules set or anything. This was just a fun conversion. Maybe Blood Bowl rules could be tailored for 40K Rugby?

If I have time, I might do the other members of the 6 Nations at some point. Just need to find more running legs too.............

Where's the blood jetting from his scalp!?

I attempted to join the rugby team during college, only to have my head lacerated on someone's teeth as I attempted a tackle. Blood spray everywhere. The resulting emergency room visit forced me off the team, and into apart-time job to pay the bill!

Nice conversion. I like the use of the meltabomb.

Nice conversion. I like the use of the meltabomb.

This comment made me remember something...

erm...

Hah! here: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/HS40K

do a full diorama, so he's putting a melta bomb on the hull of a Rhino (cuz they're so expendable :) ) in the colours of Wales, with the 5 other nations chacing after our Englishman ;)

Awesome 'conversion' :huh: (god the rugby puns are growing on me - damn youuuuu ;) )

Arenis

IF I had thought about it beforehand, I should have given him a jump pack so he could be a Fly Half :huh:

You're not the only one with the bad pun Dragonkin!

:huh: this is very clever. I'm liking the dirty look though really that could do with drybrushing of a brown to give that muddy look :) Have you got any more like this one planned? Say a termi squad as the scrum and perhaps assault marines as "Fly Halves" ;)

:) this is very clever. I'm liking the dirty look though really that could do with drybrushing of a brown to give that muddy look :D Have you got any more like this one planned? Say a termi squad as the scrum and perhaps assault marines as "Fly Halves" :D

I am going to try a brown and green stippled effect on the legs and other parts of the armour to give a nice muddy/grassy look.

As for plans for any more, if I get time I may end up doing the members of the 6 Nations.

Well folks, I've added some mud and grass stains to my Rugby Marine. Hopefully I will have more pics up this afternoon - if my cameras batteries last that long (forgot to pick some more up yesterday :D )

Archived