A nice Try, followed by a swift Conversion!

Lestat

The 6 Nations are Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy. Unfortunately no Australia, they're in the Tri Nations and 12 Nations, and of course the World Cup :D.

If I haven't mentioned this before, I would very much like a tutorial on how you do your mud stains, I'm looking to dirty up my Wolves :D

Very nice mud effects. But number 10? Really? With a strong handoff like that he should be in the pack, thats where the cool kids are B)

ID

Number 10 is because of Johnny Wilkinson - one of the highest points scorers of all time.

Is Australia in the 6 Nations? If so, do an Aussie one!

England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy are in the 6 Nations.

The 6 Nations are Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales, France and Italy. Unfortunately no Australia, they're in the Tri Nations and 12 Nations, and of course the World Cup ^_^.

If I haven't mentioned this before, I would very much like a tutorial on how you do your mud stains, I'm looking to dirty up my Wolves :)

One tutorial coming up. It's extremely simple to do.

Tools/paints needed:

An old brush - don't use a new one otherwise you will ruin it. I used an artists No.8 flatbrush.

A light brown such as Khemri Brown

Dark Angel Green

Gryphonne Sepia

Just use the very tip of the brush and dip into the Khemri Brown. Wipe off nearly all of the paint onto a piece of kitchen paper. You need to rough up the bristles at the same time. Stipple the brush onto the surface of the model with a jabbing motion - you can add more or less paint to vary the effect. Repeat with the green, but allow the paint to overlap onto other parts of the armour - this allows for a more visable grass stain.

Use the Gryphonne Sepia to add some depth of colour. This also allows you to blend the brown and green together a little too.

Hope that helps.

On a Space Wolves note, I think I might have to look at thier range for a head to represent Le Chabal.

That is absolutely top drawer, man (unlike Skiraz's weekends, which appear to be top shelf!). Are you thinking of doing the other nations, or would they dirty up your display shelf? Not to mention, y'know, being more interesting to watch ... I mean, look at ... ;)

For your rose, these aren't perfect, but here's some rose transfers and the store they're from.

Perhaps we could get the mods to set up a competition for converted rugby & American football models, which I'm certain's been done before. Let me just put this in bold,

ahem:

It could be called the Blood Bowl-ter.

Oh. Yeah.

That is absolutely top drawer, man (unlike Skiraz's weekends, which appear to be top shelf!). Are you thinking of doing the other nations, or would they dirty up your display shelf? Not to mention, y'know, being more interesting to watch ... I mean, look at ... ;)

For your rose, these aren't perfect, but here's some rose transfers and the store they're from.

Perhaps we could get the mods to set up a competition for converted rugby & American football models, which I'm certain's been done before. Let me just put this in bold,

ahem:

It could be called the Blood Bowl-ter.

Oh. Yeah.

Never thought of looking at medieval models for inspiration like that. Thanks for the link!

I think the other Nations will be a later addition - need to find some other parts for them (like Le Chabals head) After the comments made a couple of weekends back during the Italy match, I think an Italian Marine holding a mug of Cappucino is looking good ;)

You just gave me an awful impression of the stereotyped British man in Family Guy.

The top drawer/top shelf thing referred to 'top drawer' as in 'really good', and top shelf regards this:

Very dirty, reminds me of my weekends

30-17 ring a bell anyone?

Anyway, back on topic - I've just ordered some bitz for a couple more Rugby inspired conversions. I found the perfect head for a La Chabal inspired Marine. I think I have a Dwarf tankard in my bits box for the Italian Marine on his cappucino break.

Ooh great :down: When can we expect to see the models up? (Maybe unpainted first, so we can see you go step-by-step?:))

Just as soon as the bitz arrive and I have some time to sit down and do them - maybe Friday night whilst watching the match ;)

Archived