My LPC

I have entered the LPC with the challenge of painting a full tactical squad. So here we are with the first of at least 2 WIPs.

This is my favourite posed marine.

gallery_32450_4597_1109140.jpg

Marine reloading

gallery_32450_4597_2678322.jpg

Front shot of my heavy bolter.

gallery_32450_4597_1395538.jpg

Back shot of the heavy bolter showing his 'gator skin gun pouch and gem skull.

gallery_32450_4597_263225.jpg

Kneeling marine

gallery_32450_4597_1687029.jpg

marine shooting his pistol. Showing his personal heraldry, which is a bone coloured dagger and sword. His bolter and bolt pistol have bone covers. Everyone else is going to get personal heraldry or in fact have already.

gallery_32450_4597_2802894.jpg

I haven't finished most of them so ignore unpainted bits and parts that i'm going to touch up.

Thats all for now.

The Unhappy Sasquatch

Wow, I really like these guys. The colour scheme is great and the heraldry really makes each one stand out as an individual. The marine with the raised leg does look great. Looking forward to see the rest!

Cheers, ID

Wow i didn't realise the pictures were so big. I'll crop the next lot so they're not so big.

Thanks guys!! Yeah i wanted to do personal heraldry because i thought that each marine would have fought in different wars and campaigns.

I started painting the inside of my landraider although its not for the LPC. I'll add pictures of it and another tactical marine i've done some work on maybe tomorrow.

The Unhappy Sasquatch

Are the kneeling Marine and the Marine at the top cut-n-sculpt re-poses? It looks like the one on top is made from Chaos Marine legs and putty, and I can't quite tell with the kneeling one from the angle of the picture.

Good work on the heraldry, from what I can see of it. I'll say that maybe your next bunch of photos should be taken from a spot without a window or light source behind the models, will definitely make some of the details easier to see.

Yeah they're cut-n-sculpt re-poses. The top one is from chaos legs that i had lying around, and the kneeling are normal marine legs, but the ones without knee pads. The conversion work is a bit rough though.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely take the next photos away from the window. and i'll take some pictures of the heraldry because i'm pretty happy with them all.

What do you guys think about the eye colour? Its not finished but i'm not really happy with the choice of colour because there is no other green on some of the models. I think it looks a little odd.

The Unhappy Sasquatch

2nd of at least 2 WIPs.

This is another marine that i've been working on. not finished and nothing fancy.

gallery_32450_4597_32483.jpg

I thought i'd post a pic of an old objective marker that i was pretty happy with.

gallery_32450_4597_1059224.jpg

The banner, which is a picture of tyreal from Diablo II but in power armour.

gallery_32450_4597_1846108.jpg

I am taking the pictures with my sisters macro camera which makes some parts a bit fuzzy. I'll try next time with different lenses.

The Unhappy Sasquatch

Archived