Chaos v.s. the space elves Eldar

renegadewarp

Ok so I was at this local tournament had won a few games ended up placing 3rd the thing is I lost to a eldar player.

Just some quick back ground was a 1500 pnt game

Now I was wondering some advice any would help what are some great tips, weakness, exposures I should go for or even more so watch out or kill as priority targets in the future I am obviously aware that it can change depending on scenario and proximity but I just need some generalites.

I play night lords by the way so my army listing usually consisting of obliterators, raptors(duel melta), defiler usually are the mainstay of my army.

Anyway like I was saying some help would be appreciated ont he subject. As a chaos player fighting Eldar.

firts and formost: Shoot the Fighty ones, Fight the Shooty ones

Look Out For:

Dire Avangers: a short-range anty infantry unit, the squad leader can be given a shimmer shield, what gives the entire unit a 4+ inv. save in clase combat; a tarpit unit from hell

Rangers:every 6 to hit is ap1 and every 6 to wound is rending, keep your head down

Wrathlord: a monsterius creature whit missile launchers on his back, nuf sad

harlequins: are constantly protected by night-fighting rule so you can't use long range fire power against them, most have power weapons or rending rule and are unafected by terain

tacktics & tricks

Rhino Rush: drive up close and rapid fire them to elf-heaven, particaly efectifly against harlequins (and genesteelers)

Ignore Them: many Eldar players relay on speed and nothing pisses them of more than an opponent who sits back in cover and waits for them to move, sooner or later he'l come close and then you'l make him pay for his arrogance

Armoured Might: eldar have problems whit taking on tanks and walkers particiuly in close combat, smoke launshers are a godsent until there close enouge to do the job

Got Plasma?: to take care of those Wrathlords and other hardcore units, there is a simple dutry trick: 10 Chosen whit as much plasmaguns in a possible packt in a Rhino and outflanking, 8 strength 7 hits don't leaves much standing, works best if u use 2 of these units, there also good to distact your oponent while the rest of your army comes ever closser

these are the basics, and whil give you a fighting chance to hit back :P

for real anti poointy-ear tacktics i'ts best to lissen to one of the sites many veterans

Go for their Farseers. Shoot their Warlocks. Blast their transports, and keep your units close together to fend off rogue melee units that come in hot.

Eldar specializes in picking off units that are separate from the bulk of the force. They also tend to try and tank shock to sever your army enough to do the same.

The farseers powers like doom can mean the difference in 5 casualties. To losing all 10 marines a turn per squad targeted. They are a must die priority.

Their troops are fragile, and in an objectives game an eldar player is torn between using his troops and hiding them. If you bolt towards his troops he will often scatter and become disoriented, making mistakes.

In a killpoint game, dont split your army at all. He will hate that. Hide the hurt units behind other units for cover saves, since eldar like high AP non-blast weapons. The more you make him struggle for the kill - the better. You also benefit from numbers against eldar, since they are after all s and t 3's.

I play both types of eldar... I know what they hate most.

Archived