Do these look chaos enough?

Verfolgung

I am starting up a World Eaters army thanks to the amazing looking model of Zhufor from Forge world but I am worried my recently renegade marines (Converted space marines) Don't look chaos enough. Looking at them now and I kind of worried that at a glance other players might assume they are blood angels since they are getting a new codex soon.

So basically I am seeking the opinion of B&C of the colors I choose and what I could do with the rest of the squad to make them look better if they need it.

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/V...lgung/?newest=1

They have only recently turned to chaos from my salamanders force. Lucky for them I never got around to painting them before I turned to chaos.

Edit: Had trouble linking the images.

I think I was able to somewhat fix it by giving them more of a skulltakers look. I like this paint scheme enough I think I am going to adopt it to the whole army as I build it. There is still the one with the aquila and I know I will need to fix it later but all the other models I haven't painted yet have had their chest emblems shaved off. I think I just need to add some spikes to the ones left to paint now and it should give them the look that they are in the process of being warped by the chaos energy.

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/V...pg&newest=1

Any suggests to this idea?

I suppose the hardest part after getting the paint job done is deciding on what size to paint the squad to. I have enough for 15 and can easily convert more but whats a good size for a standard Chaos Marine squad? I plan to have this squad as a objective sitter while two squads of berzerkers ride around in their rhinos.

That's what he said. The Jeske knows what he's talking about, or at least talks like he does :D

10 is fine. Too many guys set aside for holding objectives takes away from forces that need to be keeping the enemy away from objectives. Sure a big unit is gonna be hard to budge but will probably only hold one where as if you split that unit in two then that's more objective holding capability. If you're really concerned about them getting hit then buy them a Rhino.

ok to make it more clear. 10 man open two specials or an autocanon/plasma gun [if someone wants to meta eldar or tau] playing with 10+ gives nothing , if your opponent is able to clean up 8 csm bodies fast enough[with cover and Los/charge blocking with the squads rhino] , then he is probablly able to do the same with 12 or 16 . 10 man is the optimal size for csm units . now pms can run with 7 [with two plasma an ok camper unit] , because of then higher T and FnP playing with more is points wasted on other squads/oblits and counter units like DPs.

Thank you for the advice, it makes a lot more sense now. I agree fully that anything that can tear through 10 that quickly will do the same with 15. Is there a place besides the lexicanum that has more information about the skulltakers warband?

As someone that has also cannabalized loyalist parts, I can tell you that you can save yourself a lot of time sanding by just "desecrating" aquilas with a couple vertical knife strokes across the wings. Chaos marines steal loyalist equipment anyway, and would probably be tickled by the idea of wearing defiles imperial eagles. Also it's usually a good idea to use at least some chaos parts in the construction to make them distinctly chaos, all loyalist bit marines look, well loyal unless you do heavy GS work. Also a few painted on Khorne runes can go a long way, and it's quite easy to freehand, also good idea on making them Skulltakers as WE are an all berzerker legion at this point.

I picked up a good number of chaos bits from BWB today so I can make them look more chaos. Removing backpacks, shoulder pads, and a couple of heads for the CSM ones should make them look much more chaos. Also I did take the time to shave down all of the aquilas on the remaining marines so there is only one in the squad with one and it does have a nice chunk taken out of it on the right wing. Its just going to hurt visibly having to twist off some of their heads with pliers to give them the replacements. Thanks for all the advice!

Also here is the paint scheme I think I have settled on for sure.

csm.php?bpe=ED4242&bpj=262424&bp=262424&bpc=262424&bpn=DBCE74&hdt=F5F4BA&hrn=262424&hdm=F5F4BA&hdl=F5F4BA&ey=71CF63&er=262424π=262424&nk=ED4242&ch=ED4242&abs=ED4242&bt=262424&btd=DBCE74&cod=ED4242&ull=ED4242&lll=ED4242&lft=ED4242&url=ED4242&lrl=ED4242&rft=ED4242&slt=DBCE74&sli=ED4242&srt=DBCE74&sri=ED4242&ula=ED4242&lel=ED4242&lla=ED4242&lh=ED4242&ura=ED4242&rel=ED4242&rla=ED4242&rh=ED4242&ri=D6CD92&tr=DBCE74&bg=FFFFFF&rb=262424&gr=262424&

• 2 weeks later...

Archived