Mephiston Custom Build

jah-joshua

hey B&C...

here is a little commission build...

my first attempt at sculpting!!!

what a pain in my backside...

i really don't like working with greenstuff, but i had to tackle it at some point...

not having to start from scratch was a big help...

this guy is a combination of a Dark Angels body, the original metal Mephiston, and greenstuff pressmoulding and sculpting...

this is what the customer requested, a new version of the old model, sans mullet...

a little more action in the pose, a little better hairdo, a little scarier...

switching the weapon hands made all the difference, as now he looks like he is shooting the plasma pistol instead of just standing for a photo...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/jah-minis/wips/Mephiston1.jpg

the full 360 view is in the gallery here:

http://coolminiornot.com/244106

i learned a lot about what NOT to do on this piece...

hopefully one day soon i will tackle a Space Wolf, a la Vincenti, but for now i'm just happy i can get on to painting this guy...

hope you like him...

thanks for lookin'...

cheers

jah

Very, very nice indeed. Always loved Mephiston, but felt that his model could use some "modernizin'" as the Orks would undoubtedly say. I like the fact that you've emphasised the "vampire" theme; it's one I've always wanted to see a bit more of from The Blood Angels. Excellent work.

thanks guys...

@Captain Mike: the head is indeed the Khorne Berzerker, as David said... i don't really deserve any credit for the chest, as it's just a pressmould...

@David the Despoiler: it's a finished sculpt/conversion, so i thought it fit in the Hall of Honor...

@Sassmaw: what mistakes are you seeing???

unfortunately, i'm moving house in the next week, but i'm still painting while we pack...

that means there will not be any WIP shots of the painting...

just the finished product in a couple weeks...

see ya then...

cheers

jah

thanks guys...

... i don't really deserve any credit for the chest, as it's just a pressmould...

I must learn how to do that. Would allow for all kinds of opportunities.

Push putty on detail for mould. Push putty in set mould. Remove set cast from mould and cut away the excess. Stick on model. Done.

Archived