BBJ's Storm Lords project log!

blackbabyjesus

So here we go, model one of my biker army of doom (list here) completed. With any luck I'll be posting pics of all the models in this thread in various states of WIPness and hopefully completion too.

This one's a 'test model' more than anything else, chapter/squad markings will come later when the rest of the force is ready to go and I've perfected the printing of decals.

C&C still appreciated, and very much wanted though!

gallery_43855_4530_135097.jpg

gallery_43855_4530_102120.jpg

gallery_43855_4530_38936.jpg

Sword Brethren: if you pop along to the Solent Wargamers meet in Fratton on a tuesday you'll be able to see the force slowly but surely growing... until I get bored after 5 models and start an ultramarines army instead.

ahh ha your a portsmouth goer! i may just pop along, coursework permitting, being a student they give me homework if they find out im going to try and do something fun!

if i dont come then ill be looking forward to your next update on here :)

• 6 months later...

Holy thread necro batman!

Progress! Have been really really really slack the last few months (living on a ship has it's perks, being able to paint is not one of them!) but have decided to revive this project since the finished product should look pretty cool and hopefully be fun to play.

Anyhoo, I've finally managed to finish my first legal unit, 3 bikes, sergeant with power fist and a dude with meltagun (the test mini, nothing has changed in the method since him).

Up next is another meltagun dude, and a multimelta attack bike, I've then got a landspeeder to assemble and paint... though you may have to wait 6 more months for that one ;)

here's the photos anyway:

This kinda shows the weathering on the white a little bit, bad photo doesn't help though.

gallery_43855_4530_227744.jpg

Obligatory group shots

gallery_43855_4530_259262.jpg

gallery_43855_4530_70741.jpg

Apologies for the bad picture quality, the iPhone doesn't come with an awesome macro function, who knew?

I really like the bright bold colors, you done a sweet job of making these models 'pop'. Very nice execution of the halved color scheme as well ;)

Only thing I could remark on these models is the weathering. On the first pic it seems a bit... all over the place, if you know what I mean. The weathering itself looks good, but it's a bit much IMHO.

OK, since this is supposed to be a project log, I guess I should post some WIP shots rather than just a procession of 'finished' models.

These last 2 models will finish squad #1, Land Speeder to do after this, then onto buying ravenwing battleforces like they're going out of fashion!

The white on these dudes is pretty much done I think, the red is just a basecoat (50/50 mix of vallejo red and dark flesh), might dirty the white up a little more, the base colour isn't quite a dark enough grey to let the highlights show through.

Regards the weathering, I can see where you're coming from, most of it is pretty random, though there is order to it, I looked at photos of the sides of rally cars and suchlike that had taken a bit of a beating and the chips are really not all that ordered. There's of course a greater amount by wheel arches and on the immediate front, something I've tried to carry on to the figures. Either way, I'm sure it'll look fine when i've got the whole army painted ;)

gallery_43855_4530_7203.jpg

gallery_43855_4530_171608.jpg

the white recipe is stolen wholesale from the desert eagles project log by desert eagle (link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...109012&hl=), it's not the last thing I'll be stealing from him either! Sadly the thread has not been updated in many months, either he's forsaken the B&C or has stopped painting them. Boo!

Nice to see some Storm lord's,had a bit of a soft spot for them ever since painting up a combat squad in thier colours a few years ago.

Everythings looking great so far.The white's crisp and the red is nice and vibrant and overall very neatly painted.

The weathering looks great too.

Hope you can keep up the motivation for painting white so we can see some more finished models. :woot:

Cheers,

Mike.

Archived