Thunderhammers vs Defilers

zedsdead

the attack would have no effect other than the damage result rolled as (iirc) daemonic possession means the vehicle ignores stunned/shaken results.

as it has no wounds and therefore cannot be 'wounded but not killed', the thunderhammer will not reduce its I to 1.

Daemonic Possession has no impact on what a Thunder Hammer does. If you manage to glance or penetrate and roll on the vehicle damage table, a walker then its initiative is reduced to 1 until the end of the Thunder Hammer wielding model’s next turn. Daemonic Possession may negate what you rolled but a “wound” was still suffered.

Daemonic Possession has no impact on what a Thunder Hammer does. If you manage to glance or penetrate and roll on the vehicle damage table, a walker then its initiative is reduced to 1 until the end of the Thunder Hammer wielding model’s next turn. Daemonic Possession may negate what you rolled but a “wound” was still suffered.

This is not true, vehicles have no wounds and thus cannot suffer one. The auto shaken result also only aplies to vehicels without an initive score, so would never be applied the defieler. Against a defiler (or any other walker for that mater) a thunder hamer is no different than a power fist.

It very well may have been intended that a vehicle with an initive value has its Initiative reduced (as the crew shaken specificly mentions vehicals without an I value) but as there are no FAQs on the matter, we dont know, and the rules say no.

the vehicle isn't wounded though, regardless of whether it has an I value or not.

Wounds are different from armour penetration rolls hence why things like lightning claws do not work for armour pen rolls.

whilst they function in the same way for working out combat resolution they are different things.

Archived