Ork Kustom Forcefield in a team setting

Tonoshi

We had a Team Tournament at our LGS this weekend and an interesting ruling came up during our game. The TO ruled that the Kustom Forcefield worked for all units within 6" of the Mek Boy (friend and foe, ruled by the TO). It really didn't come into play too often, but it could have changed the results. I believe we were using the Team rules from Adepticon. I'm pretty sure I read that you couldn't benefit from your teammate's rules unless it was the same codex being used (ex: Codex:BT & Codex:BT). Any thoughts on this ruling?

GW FAQ says that "any unit" does not include enemy units, unless specified.

As to 'allied' units, in 2vs2 games it is a grey area.

This is exactly what I was trying to find. I'm pretty sure the event's rules mentioned not being able to use each others' wargear and special rules unless it was the same codex. It was a rather silly team to play against since the teams were supposed to make sense and they had Orkz and Tyranids, but thats a whole different argument.

Thanks for the replies Grey Mage and Blackspike.

GW FAQ says that "any unit" does not include enemy units, unless specified.

As to 'allied' units, in 2vs2 games it is a grey area.

Ive got the ork FAQ right here, and Im not seeing anything about this..... clarification if you would?

This is one of those rule queries that does not have an answer. The game was not intended to play more than two players so you would need to come up with a house rule on how allies interact with one another. Otherwise you can have Terminators riding in Ork Battle Wagons or Bloodcrushers of Khorne hopping in a Wave Serpent.

Archived