Assault Squad jumping over an assault

stuckinbermuda

Can a SM Assault Squad with Jump Packs jump over an ongoing assault?

If they can this could put them into a better position for their assault charge and also allow them to bypass the assault while heading toward an objective.

I remember from a previous edition that nothing could shoot through or move over an assault, so hows it work now?

Cool thanks, I had tried to counter assault an assault from a tactical squad with one of my own but the assault squad that was right behind my opponents just leap frogged the assault to go after the objective I was defending, if he had to go around the assault it would have prevented him getting close to my objective that turn, as it was he assaulted a full devastator squad that was sitting on the objective which soundly trounced them and sent them packing back up the field.

Thanks for the quick response :cuss

If you wanna hold an objective while preventing them from contesting put your guys in a ring around the objective but have it so you're within 3 inches but if they charge you they won't be within 3 inches of the objective. With this they can charge the the unit but you'll still hold without them contesting. Been annoying people to no end with that.

Sweet tactic, smells a bit cheesy but easy enough to do the way I play. I usually place an objective in my deployment zone, into cover and then use my Techmarine's ability to reinforce it. I usually sit either a full tactical squad or a full devestator squad on it which through sheer numbers does a similar effect but in future I'll make sure the gaps between models are less than 1". This does sound vulnerable to a large blast however :P In my game on Sunday I had a Demolisher rolling up into range on my objective as well but a few nice shaken results kept it out of the game and it never got to fire ;) What did ruin my day was a command squad that took out two devastator squads :D

Yeah it won't work with tanks but if you see some infantry heading your way it will help, especially towards the end of the game when they're going for a last minute contest. It's kinda susceptible to blasts but so are most things unless you intentionally spread them out. If you're in cover then you should be fine. I play Death Guard so they're pretty resilient and being fearless helps with not running away.

Archived