Need advice: inquis ally

Phytrion

Hey all,

I'm playing in an escalating league right now (start at 500 points, add 250 every month), and pretty soon there's going to be a lot of deep striking going on (daemons in particular). I want to take an inquistor ally for the psychic hood and mystic protection, but I'm not sure of the best kit.

As of right now, my list is 2 tac squads with MM/Flamer in Rhino and a landspeeder with mm/hf (we're only at 500 points). But eventually I'd like to make it a Vulkan list with TH/SS termis in a land raider, etc. I was thinking about loading up his retinue with flamers and meltas and putting them in a transport - but again that's why I'm here for your sagely advice <_<

Thanks!

Well, you're going to want the Inquisitor Lord with at least one Mystic, if not two. One will allow the Inquisitor's unit to take the free pot shot at the incoming unit. Two allows another unit to take it instead.

Looking at what you have now, it's not really worth taking the two Mystics. Nothing you have right now is really worth firing at a unit of Deepstriking Daemons. Sure, you could shoot the multimelta at them, but you'd kill only one, max.

Typically the potshot is done with a high-Strength blast or ordnance weapon. This is because of how Deepstrikers show up on the table: a big, fat, cluster. IG players like to use a Russ tank for this purpose, as the big tempalte can squish everything in the squad, provided it doesn't scatter.

Your only real option in that regards is a Vindicator, which you don't have right now.

The most economical way for you to do it is with one Mystic in the retinue, and at least one plasmacannon Servitor. Plasma blasts wound Daemons nicely, though they'll still get their invulnerable saves.

If you want more opinions go to ordos inquisition forum next time ;)

There a few ways you can go about it. Inquisitor, 2 mystics, multimelta servitor, rhino with extra armour.

Inquisitor lord, psychic hood, multi melta servitor, 2 mystics, rhino with extra armour.

Inq/Inq lord, psy hood if you are going for lord, psycannon, 1/2 mystics, 2/1 sages, 2 heavy bolter servitors, plasma cannon servitor. Add sanctuary vs Daemons to make him cry and never ever play you again.

Archived