Strength double Toughtness

RIGHT-Titan

I'm just trying to remember, what happens if a model is hit by a weapon that has double or more strength than toughness...

I'm thinking of for instance a Vindicator demolisher hitting a marine with Armor 3+ and Toughness 4.

I know the Demolisher is AP1 so no armor save, but I can't remember what happens with ST v T, and I'm at work at the moment...

So in the case of a Demolisher cannon.. against say a squad of marines..

It's ST 10, AP2 I believe... so I'd shoot, measure, scatter. Place the template where it scattered if at all. The anything partially covered or fully covered is hit automatically.

Then roll to wound st10 vs t4, which is a 2+ to wound (so don't roll 1s...) and then because it's AP2, unless it's a terminator it gets no save.

Basically if it fires and hits within 24" it is pulling squads off?

So awesome...

Too bad it's only 24". Has to have some kind of downside though right...

I figure with that and a couple of TLLC or MM dreads or a couple of preds it would make a nice centerpiece for my firebase to shoot over my advancing rhinos.

It's ST 10, AP2 I believe... so I'd shoot, measure, scatter. Place the template where it scattered if at all. The anything partially covered or fully covered is hit automatically.

Then roll to wound st10 vs t4, which is a 2+ to wound (so don't roll 1s...) and then because it's AP2, unless it's a terminator it gets no save.

A terminator wouldnt get an armour save as Ap2 beats its armour. However units will still get invulnerable and cover saves from it if applicable.

Just to clarify the last bit a Terminator would not get its armor save but it must make its invulnerable save.

For sure.. I knew it was an invuln save.. That's why I didn't specify armor :cry: but that's still awesome..

and yeah.. there are a crap ton of cover saves in the game now.. but even against that should be pretty lethal...

Not to mention the bonus of dropping ordnance on a transport in this mechanized world..

You can evaporate Squads with that demolisher cannon. But that's not why S10 is great. You would wound those Marines on 2+ with S6 as well, so any further point of strength does not really do anything more to them (except denying them "feel no pain" rolls if an Apothecary happens to be involved). What this high strength does, though, is auto killing enemy models that have more wounds than just one.

Basic Marine/Ork/Guardsman have 1 wound. Shoot them with a Missile Launcher or Demolisher Cannon or Star Cannon, it means tehy are wounded on 2+.

Space Marine Captain with 3 wounds, now it gets interresting. If that Cpatainb was hit by a S6 attack, he woul dsimply lose 1 wound after failing his save. But if he was hit with Strength 8 or higher, then he would be automatically killed if he failed his invulnerable save.

With Strength 10 you can even autokill T5 enemies, such as Ogryns, whereas S8 or S9 weapons could only autokill T4 enemies. Imagine a unit of Tyranid Warriors (T4 and 3 wounds each). A Demolisher cannon would instantly kill every Warrior that was wounded and failed his cover save (if they had any).

Archived