Raptors(dressing them up)

renegadewarp

OK so I run a raptor heavy army but all things aside there are two marks I have in question and would like in your opinon (all the better if you can provide a little math hammer for me)

The two marks being IoK and IoS which would be more effective in reality v.s. a M.e.q.

Lets say whats gonna do better tbh?

Because yes extra attacks is great and all but its going at the same time meaning your taking the full attacks back loosing your men as well at the same time.

but for Slaneesh you go before hand getting your attacks in before hand thus meaning you take less back

whats your opinion and if you can provide some of the math backing it would be even better. So again any help is appreciated whats going to be more effective.

Depends on wargear. if your looking at a powerfist then MoK... If you are looking at dual claws... MoS.....

All depends on what you are looking to do with the squad ya know? Not to mention I4 is pretty standard for power armor armies not so much for the others.. most other armies you wont benefit from +1I either they are slower or much faster.

If at around the same points we have 7 raptors including a champ with 2x lightning claws, versus 10 CSM including PF champ, then (assuming the raptors are charging of course):

This build is also from what seems to be a usual setup for the two units. As stated above, MoS calcs would be different if you'd use a power fist.

Mark of Khorne

Round 1:

6 raptors = 24 attacks = 12 hits = 6 wounds = 2 kills

1 champ = 5 attacks = 2,5 hits = 1,875 wounds/kills

= 3,875 kills ~ 4 dead CSM

9 CSM = 18 attacks = 9 hits = 4,5 wounds = 1,485 kills

1 champ = 3 attacks = 1,5 hits = 1,245 wounds/kills

= 2,73 kills ~ 3 dead raptors

Round 2:

3 raptors = 9 attacks = 4,5 hits = 2,25 wounds = 0,743 kills

1 champ = 4 attacks = 2 hits = 1,5 wounds/kills

= 2,243 kills ~ 2 dead CSM

4 CSM = 8 attacks = 4 hits = 1,32 kills

= 2,565 kills ~ 3 dead raptors

Total over 2 rounds = 5,295 dead raptors, 6,118 dead CSM

Raptor / CSM death ratio: 0,865 to 1

Mark of Slaanesh

Round 1:

6 raptors = 18 attacks = 9 hits = 4,5 wounds = 1,485 kills

1 champ = 4 attacks = 2 hits = 1,5 wounds/kills

= 2,985 kills ~ 3 dead CSM

6 CSM = 12 attacks = 6 hits = 3 wounds = 1 kill

= 2,245 kills ~ 2 dead raptors

Round 2:

4 raptors = 8 attacks = 4 hits = 2 wounds = 0,666 kills

1 champ = 3 attacks = 1,5 hits = 1,125 kills

= 1,791 kills ~ 2 dead CSM

4 CSM = 8 attacks = 4 hits = 2 wounds = 0,666 kills

1 champ = 2 attacks = 1 hits = 0,833 kills

= 1,499 kills ~ 2 dead raptors

Total over 2 rounds = 3,744 dead raptors, 4,776 dead CSM

Raptor / CSM death ratio: 0,784 to 1

(usual disclaimer that it's late, I'm tired and my numbers may be off somewhere)

And things would go slightly more in the CSM favour if the raptors would field any special weapons since they then loose 1 attack per special weapon. Also, this calculation does not include any shooting before the assault.

And things would go slightly more in the CSM favour if the raptors would field any special weapons since they then loose 1 attack per special weapon. Also, this calculation does not include any shooting before the assault.

You don't loose attacks for having a special weapon in a raptor squad seeing as all squads have basic bolter, bolt pistol and chainsword. The Special weapon replaces the bolter.

On a side note I forgot to mention I run Raptorx8 that includes the Champ with Duel Claws can you rework the math for that one? if possible thank you I appreciate it. I know the info woulda helped earlier before you did the math >< sorry.

Raptors doesn't have bolters, and they replace their bolt pistol when equipping their special weapon, so they won't get their bonus attack for 2x CCW.

As for the numbers, they should scale pretty well assuming similar points, so MoS should be slightly better versus I4 and I5 MEQ enemies, but MoK would do better vs I3 or lower foes. But then again, even that statement might have to be revised depending on the gear and special abilities of your opponent, etc etc.

"Up to two Raptors may replace their pistols with ... or take one of the following: [special weapons]"

Edit: Hmm, I guess I never read it like that.. you may be right that they won't loose their attack.

Today i played 2000 points, (in a 6000 a side game)

and ran 5 Raptors, with MOK and a powerfist...... was pretty effective, followed the Lash Prince, then he went off to lash things towards abaddon :blink: and the raptors helped a Trygon get rid of some kinds uber marine squad....

Archived