Shrike and fleet

Hfran Morkai

I'm not going to be running a Shrike army but I've just had an interesting thought about him.

Every unit gets fleet, so does that mean you can disembark from a rhino that moved 6 inches or less, fleet and assault? I seem to remember someone talking about Eldar being able to do this and I'd like to know whether it's just for them or if it would work with say a mounted assault squad.

Cheers.

Nope, you can't assault out of a vehicle that has moved even if you have fleet unless it's an assault vehicle or open topped. If the unit has special rules that say they can do this then they can but as far as I know there are no units like this.

Fleet means running does not prevent you from assaulting, anything else that would normaly prevent assaulting will still do so. for example if you deepstruck with some fleet assault marines, they still cannot assault, becasue deepstriking prevents it. If you would not have been able to assault out of that vehical in the first place, you may not assault out of it if you are fleet. Just like you would not be able to assault out of it if you were relentless, dissembarked, and shot with a heavy weapon.

Mikal - Thats whats commonly known as lying or misinterpretation :D

However consider this. Move Rhino 12" turn 1, stay inside. Turn 2 get out 3", move 6", Fleet D6", Assault 6".

15+d6" assault potential. Not so bad eh?

Wan

Cheers for pointing that out. Won't let him get away with it again, though I swear I also read it in "A tale of Four Gamers" as well, but we know WD isn't great for consistencies and playing by the rules all the time.

Your idea is an interesting one, I was just thinking for bigger boards it would be pretty helpful, as said it was a purely theoretical scenario with Shrike (I would consider taking him in a Marine army if Jump Pack command squads still existed for standard marines)

Archived