Firing order

Badaboom

Hi, I´m not familiar with some details of the 40K gaming rules, ad I often get confused by the WHFB equivalents so, can I fire two combi-meltas, pop up a transport, and then fire with rest of the same unit to the enemies coming off the transport?

Remember that with template weapons (if you shoot after you pop the transport) all template and blast weapons mesure how many they hit before they roll for damadge. (So a pack of long fangs with plasma cannons EAT popped rhinos.)

are you talking about templates from the same squad? because if the squad popped it with say a metla gun and then had a plasma cannon shooting aswell you wouldn't be able to target the squad inside as the units shooting is all done at the same time and would all target the vehicle. then once the entire units shooting has been resolved the highest damgae roll is applied and any units forced to disembark are placed on the table.

basically you couldn't fire with the melta, force the unit to disembark an then fire the plasma and hit the squad that is around the transport as they wouldn't be placed until all the shooting units attacks had been resolved.

also long fangs, even with split fire all fire simultaneously so even if you targetted te transport with half the LF you wouldn't be able to shoot the other half at the squad inside for the same reasons as i mentioned above.

yes unfortunately soldiers in the 41st millennium are not very smart so waste all there firepower on something they cannot hurt all at once, so when the soft squishy targets present themselves there too busy wondering why they have no ammo left.

This is all covered on p67 of the BRB in the section "Effects of damage results on passengers".

yes unfortunately soldiers in the 41st millennium are not very smart so waste all there firepower on something they cannot hurt all at once, so when the soft squishy targets present themselves there too busy wondering why they have no ammo left.

ah but not now stupid enough as they can now assault the squishy things when they pop out of their ruined vehicles :lol:

This is all covered on p67 of the BRB in the section "Effects of damage results on passengers".

ah but not now stupid enough as they can now assault the squishy things when they pop out of their ruined vehicles :P

Cool I did not know that. That makes the melta even meaner. :)

Archived