My first attempt at modification..

Gavin

I'm looking for an opinion or two on how people think it looks.

I just took the legs and sharpened the knee angles purposefully raising the rear leg.

Then I rotated the chainsword's hand to 45 degrees into a kind of guarded stance.

gallery_51863_4511_129715.jpg

What I was attempting to do was to make it look like he was turning to receive an incoming melee attack.

I was trying for a more 'dynamic' pose as opposed to the static, feet planted, weapon across body for marching, eyes forward stance.

I need to do something to fill in the tiny little spots in the fronts of the knees, but otherwise... I'm thinking prime and paint it.

I like it. Simple conversion, but very clean; great execution. My only criticism is that I wouldn't pair legs in motion with a stationary upper body. The upper body's posture is more of a guarded position, which would look better with standing legs - like a fencer standing on guard. I'd pair those lower legs with a more offensive posture.

I like it! It has a very Kung Fu vibe. I hope that's what you were going for. I swear, when I open a box I just have to mess with stuff, so almost every marine in my army has some light conversion work along these lines. When you're working with Power Armor, the only thing to make the squad look interesting is posing! Keep it up.

@AdeptusDavidus - Yep. the postures are mixed. If I were to make the target of his focus, it would lend itself to explaining the weird stance. Imagine that he was actually at that instant in time that's frozen there advancing at a walk and had started to turned to face a rapidly closing opponent from the side, bringing his guard up to defend against kill shots. I've actually found myself in this stance quite a few times in the 10 years that I've been into my other hobby. It's actually a fairly neutral stance with a blade because you can lean forward into offensive strikes or back pedal to get your head straight to launch an offensive

@JTibbetts - Close to the kung Fu idea. my other hobby is fighting heavt list in the SCA which is full contact ratan fighting in armor. When I fight, I have a bad habit of sticking my hand up like that to be able to 'cuff block' or 'hand parry'...which is not legal in the rules of the game. but it's how I was taught with a steel blade. lol.

Thanks for the input and encouragement, it is much appreciated!

Like the pose. Looks like he's stepping back ready to push off from the rear foot.

Given me an idea for a duelling Marine with a parrying dagger in his left fist, maybe in a reverse grip.................

Archived