plasma pistols and assualting

Capt. Kenaz

I was thinking of having a plasma pistol modeled on one of my grey hunters, BUT in terms of games and rules, can you fire the plasma pistol and then have the pack assualt/charge another squad? Is the plasma pistol, by nature of being a pistol, an assualt weapon like a flamer or melta gun????

Please help, and I am sorry for the pathetic grasp I have on the latest edition rules, as I do not own the book!

So you have a couple questions there that need to be answered separately. For the question on being an assault weapon, it is a pistol and all pistols are considered assault weapons, unless otherwise stated (see main rulebook pg 29). Now with that established, no the plasma pistol cannot be fired at one unit and then have the pack assault a different unit, in most cases. If a model fires at one unit, it cannot assault any unit other than the one that was fired at, unless the other unit is close enough that they can both be assault (see main rulebook pgs 33&34).

So you have a couple questions there that need to be answered separately. For the question on being an assault weapon, it is a pistol and all pistols are considered assault weapons, unless otherwise stated (see main rulebook pg 29). Now with that established, no the plasma pistol cannot be fired at one unit and then have the pack assault a different unit, in most cases. If a model fires at one unit, it cannot assault any unit other than the one that was fired at, unless the other unit is close enough that they can both be assault (see main rulebook pgs 33&34).

this, I still forget you can't shoot pistols twice rather than assaulting ;)

~Gil ;)

Great. so a plasma pistol in my grey hunter pack will work, as long as I shoot it once?

All pistols are Assault 1, so yes it can only shoot once anyway. And once its been shot, you can assault too with the waepon counting as an additional cc weapon. {BRB p29}

Great. so a plasma pistol in my grey hunter pack will work, as long as I shoot it once? (GIL?) , and then charge/assualt the same squad I just shot at in most cases....

Thanks again for your patience and quick replies! you guys are the best source out here! ;)

Apologies, as stated all Pistol are assault one

Last edition, i.e 4th edition pistols could be shot once and then you could assault or you could choose to stand and shoot them twice, either that or i'm having major brain meltdown ;)

Archived