objective marker

daemonclaw

hey all here is a little project i put together as an objective marker as i dont think the armies of 40k would care too much about rescuing my usual marker pot of devlan mud :lol:

so i came upwith the fallen icon bearer ,wounded ammo less but holding out with his last grenade till assistance arrives to take the sacred icon.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN5588.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN5587.jpg

cheers for looking D ;)

Hmmmm I get the feeling you may be right about them comming to get the icon, i get the feeling that the guy is done for even if help arrives.

Still I love it its got charecter, tells a story just by looking at it and unless your models are desperate for a wash... a hundred times cooler then a pot of devlan mud.

Tho just one comment, can you move the icon to the floor, it would make it look likes hes wounded and losing his strength.

Very nicely arranged, good job! I think the standard being in the air is quite a positive thing as when standards were taken into battle they were never supposed to touch the floor.

@Typewriter - The ring around the neck is the helmet seal I think so it is a part of the cuirass and not of the helmet

Very nice, but as jester_prince said it should be lower to the floor. Also you should make it look like it is only the top half of the banner, so it has snapped off.

Looking forward to see some paint on it.

Vulkan

Traditionally it was the banner itself, not the post/stick/pole it was attached to that was not supposed to touch the ground in combat, as it was considered an unspeakable offense/ the ultimate disgrace, so the butt end of the pole would be allowed to touch the ground, however not the cloth of the banner itself.

It looks good though, and i'd have to agree with Brother Alucard. The reason I'd race for the objective is to illuminate the traitor of his folly filled ways.

Archived