Dedicated Transports & Troop Size

Fulminata

Can I field a full 10-man squad of Chaos Terminators and a dedicated Land Raider as transport? I know the 10 Terminators will not fit into the Land Raider until they are 5 and under and I know no other unit can start inside the Land Raider. On the same note, would I be able to field a full 20-man CSM squad and a Rhino? If there is a rule or FAQ, can someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Can I field a full 10-man squad of Chaos Terminators and a dedicated Land Raider as transport? I know the 10 Terminators will not fit into the Land Raider until they are 5 and under and I know no other unit can start inside the Land Raider. On the same note, would I be able to field a full 20-man CSM squad and a Rhino? If there is a rule or FAQ, can someone please point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Yes I don't think there is any rule saying that your unit has to actually fit inside the transport, and with a few casualties eventually they will be able to anyway

~Gil ;)

unless the codex says 'If a unit numbers 10 models or less it may take a Rhino as a dedicated transpoert for Xpts' for example then yes, you may take a transporteven if the unit will not fit.

Codex Space Wolves for instance allows you to take razorbacks for grey hunter squads regardlss of the units starting size.

Codex Orks on the other hand states that units of boys cannot take a trukk unless they number 12 models or less.

if there is no mention of squad size merely 'may take X transport' then you do not need to worry about them fitting inside.

Unless the unit's transport option entry or the transport entry itself states that the unit has a size requirement no. I know from playing regular space marines that you can purchase a razorback for a 10 man squad. Then you can combat squad them and put 5 in and 5 out. I don't know if chaos has the same thing going on, but if it says you can buy the transport, and doesn't list a restriction based on squad size then yeah, you're in the clear.

Archived