Bloodfang

MaveriK

gallery_24878_1005_59893.jpg

The blood of Fenris flows through each and every Space Wolf. Born of fire and ice, in a world full of savagery. We honour our kin by their deeds and glory, we keep our oaths and die by them. From the gift given to us by our Wolf King, lies a darkness within us all. A savage beast that growls at the enemies of Leman Russ and the Emperor of Mankind. Some say it's a curse, while others such as I think its just another instrument to kill those who do wrong to others, in service of our Wolf King.

gallery_24878_1005_57998.jpggallery_24878_1005_127412.jpg

WIP Trend: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=169211

gallery_24878_1005_1068.jpg

he is Bloodfang... http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=5096

Looking cool, although I never knew that this was part of The Curse of the Wolfen! Do you have any background written on this character?

Nothing a chaos crack missile can't fix! haha. j/k :(

Or an Imperial one for that matter, looks like the power of chaos got to this guy. Cool conversion work but I personally never cared much for the Space Wolves as werewolves thing. It is your army, though so if you like it do your thing.

looks like the power of chaos got to this guy.

powers of chaos? quite the opposite! lol I'm not sure how much you know about space wolves fluff... but the curse of the wulfen is nothin chaos. Although I did model the guy more feral and darker. I've always looked at space wolves as on the edge of chaos. That's why I think they are one of the few that stand out amongst other marines loyal/chaos in the badass department.

Cool conversion work but I personally never cared much for the Space Wolves as werewolves thing. It is your army, though so if you like it do your thing.

as suppose to the other far out sci-fi wacky but cool backgrounds the other armies that are out there in the 40K universe? LOL thanks for the comment, he's probably one of my favorite in my army right now. I'm guessing since your not into werewolves your rooting for Team Edward?! lol jk

I get where you are going with it, but having the mark of the wolfen in the official fluff doesn't mean they literally change into a werewolf (which I do really dig, btw,) it is more like that particular Marine would be more hairy, bulky, his nails and teeth may be a bit longer and sharper and he would be mean-spirited and grumpy in general. I think in the first Space Wolf novel Ragnar ends up killing an aspirant who didn't take the Canus Helix well and ended up becoming a hairy, feral nutter. This guy was a true wulfen, Marines with the mark are more or less normal but once battle comes they take to raging. The Canus Helix affected them deeply, but they still retain (most of) their sanity and humanity. For those reasons I generally prefer putting some tattoos or something to denote MotW guys. Even 13th company Wulfen that are almost completely gone look mostly human (if not maybe a bit like body-building hobos.)

Now, all that being said, what I prefer doesn't really matter one bit. It is your army, your minis, your money that you spent on the models on paint, and therefore paint and model them any way you please. Like I said, I do think it is a cool conversion, I just prefer a slightly more understated approach.

I get where you are going with it, but having the mark of the wolfen in the official fluff doesn't mean they literally change into a werewolf (which I do really dig, btw,) it is more like that particular Marine would be more hairy, bulky, his nails and teeth may be a bit longer and sharper and he would be mean-spirited and grumpy in general. I think in the first Space Wolf novel Ragnar ends up killing an aspirant who didn't take the Canus Helix well and ended up becoming a hairy, feral nutter. This guy was a true wulfen, Marines with the mark are more or less normal but once battle comes they take to raging. The Canus Helix affected them deeply, but they still retain (most of) their sanity and humanity. For those reasons I generally prefer putting some tattoos or something to denote MotW guys. Even 13th company Wulfen that are almost completely gone look mostly human (if not maybe a bit like body-building hobos.)

Now, all that being said, what I prefer doesn't really matter one bit. It is your army, your minis, your money that you spent on the models on paint, and therefore paint and model them any way you please. Like I said, I do think it is a cool conversion, I just prefer a slightly more understated approach.

ahh... everything about the model is explained at its WIP trend part of which is written below explaining why I went with the full-blown werewolf :P

That's one wierd SW, even for a Wulfen, but I like it a lot. I have several of those models that I used for the defunct Warhammer Norse army that was published in the White Dwarfs. Brings back memories.

Aye, my intention was for the model to be Wolf Lord Jorin Bloodfang for my 13th Company, or a 1st generation full-blown werewolf as suppose to wulfen who can look half-man, half-wolf. Kinda like in the movie UNDERWORLD, where William Corvinus was the first lycan, looking more feral and werewolf like than the 2nd generation lycans in the movie. A reason why the model looks the way he does, with the bits and armor pieces attached.

my inspiration came from these following pictures

http://www.coolminiornot.com/125594

http://www.coolminiornot.com/171359

Archived