close combat question

I could not find the answers through the search forum so I am asking my fellow battle brothers a question.

Can an IC attack a sergeant w/ a PF in close combat directly or is the wounds still allocated among the entire squad?

example. chaplain vs 5 man combat squad. and the chaplain is in base contact with powerfist sergeant.

I am still new to the game and my mindset is Warhammer rules.... -_-

I play mostly against MEQ armies. :sweat: Having trouble with playing against them. Those questions would probably go in another section.

Cheers :lol:

If the Chaplain is in base-to-base with the Powerfist Sergeant, then the Chaplain can indeed only attack the Squad as a unit, while the PFist Sgt can specifically attack the IC with his Powerfist.

Koremu has it. If you got the assault you need to consider where you place you chappie before the assault phase; make sure the powerfist isn't the closest model to him. You should be able to tie him up with other models to stop him consolidating into your chaplain.

In your situation? Try to kill them all, the only way to get him before he strikes. Don't forget wound allocation, with a chappie and assault squad you should have him taking at least a save or two.

Actually, now I consider your post, he was working alone wasn't he?

Ooops.

RoV

Archived