Cyclone missile ...

paintner

made a conversion out of the spare parts of my drop pods.

as I lack the model part for a cyclone missile launcher I thought I would build a gun platform instead and use, and add a servo skull to the terminator that 'carry' the cyclone launcher. it's used as a spotter for the launcher ...

the idea is just to make something that's 'more then just a launcher' so I added the harness part on the side, guess it can act as some sort of technical thingy or whatnot =)

http://www.thearena.se/conversion/IMG_0002.JPG

http://www.thearena.se/conversion/IMG_0003.JPG

++ edit ++

made this now.

used the 'platform' the missile launcher usually hangs from in the drop pod. placed a base upside down under it so it looks like the platform is 'floating.

then added the launchers etc. on it ...

maybe not the coolest thing but I think it might work ...

http://www.thearena.se/conversion/IMG_0004.JPG

http://www.thearena.se/conversion/IMG_0005.JPG

if you read it, comment it :rolleyes:

/ paintner

I been playing around with that, trying to make legs out of the harnesses but I can't make it come out OK =/

also been thinking on trying to add it to something that looks like a 'hoverboard' but ... =/ no success :rolleyes:

ideas on how to make the spider legs look good?

/ paintner

why not add it to tracks, like the thunder-fire cannon. Then it wont look out of place technology wise. Otherwise I kinda love the idea that its sat still and the termi its a spotter for it. Kinda like a spacemarine laser marker, highly accurate mortar fire, so would have the same effect as traditinal ones. Personally i think thats far cooler then two massive sets of cumbersome shoulder mounted rockets.

I agree, it's a great idea but some legs or tracks would make it look better - I can't really see how it would be moved at the moment. Also possibly consider changing the base, the razorback mount is a bit too round (and noticeable where it originated from) - I think a rectangular base would look better.

Other than that, a neat conversion. I agree that it makes more sense than the shoulder mounted ones.

Thanks for the input.

Tracks have crossed my mind but I don't know what to make good tracks out of except butching up a Rhino or two for it =/

The platform isn't a Razorback platform really. It's the platform you get with the drop pods to mount the missile/stormbolter unside down that I cut down etc.

But I guess the base template is the same =)

Tracks you say, guess I have to see what I can come up with. might be that I just add tracks to these as I glued them stuck now.

Will let you know what I get working, and any more ideas is appreciated.

/ paintner

If you want to add tracks, you could try using Imperial Guard tank track links, and to support them if you can find 'em you could use the old wheels you used to get with them. I've got some if you're interested in them...

James

A cheaper option then the FW spider legs mount would be the triple leg mount from the Bastion kit. I'm sure you can find them on bits sites or ebay for a good deal less then the mounts from FW.

Or you could just use good ol' British know how and build it out of pots and pans and your aunt Bessie's kettle.

No seriously now, it cant be all that hard to make some tracks, make a frame, add some wheels from Lego (the inside bits without rubber tyre) glue some ribbon or thin plasticard around the "tracks" and add small square bits of plasticard or card to make each link of track. And if you don't have Lego, you were deprived as a kid, you could see if there are any suitable cheap air-fix tank kits going for cheap on ebay, or see if any of your mates got a thunderfire kit and threw it at the wall in frustration because they couldnt get it to fit together.

Or if you do go with legs, there was a tech marine that had a doc oc style servo harness made fro scratch, see if you can take some inspiration from that on how to construct it.

here is a size comparison against a terminator.

as you can see it might look strange with tracks UNDER it. maybe I can add them on the sides?

as it's already almost as high as a terminator =p

http://www.thearena.se/conversion/IMG_0019.JPG

I think tracks are more 'marine-ish' then legs.

for some reason the marines don't have much walking things, just tracks.

so I am more for the the tracks then legs, as I don't see the 'floating platforms' working for the marines neither =/

Archived