Bringing Space Crusade upto date

With all the still ongoing chatter about the recent new edition of that old fav space hulk i was pondering about that other old fav of mine. The much misunderstood Space Crusade. I was thinking that with the incoming release of the new blood angels models and no doubt an upgrade box to angel out your tactical squads that it would look awesome to change every model that came with the original game to current edition models. so thats the following models to source and paint

3 marine commanders

12 space marines

8 orks

14 gretchin

3 genestealers

1 chaos marine commander

4 chaos space marines

4 androids

1 dreadnought

Well the androids will be replaced by necron models but everything else shouldnt take long to find. i think another AoBR might need to be ordered to get the marines orks and dreadnought.

Whats peoples opinion on this???

OOO, nice idea! I've been thinking about doing the same for far too many years. My one comment would be that the dreadnought in the space crusade box is a really neat chaos model and the only one i'd be loath to get rid of - perhaps you could convert the existing dreadnought body with more modern armaments?

Neat idea, I'd be intrigued to see how this comes out, I spent many years playing Space Crusade.

Cool idea!! I've painted up an Emperor's Champion in the style of an old space crusade captain model fitted a power fist to him too just like the old power sword and power fist SC captain arms choice. Looking forward to see what you come up with :)

Archived