Heavy Weapon Chosen

minigun762

As a nod back to the previous Las/Plas squads, has anyone tried a similar squad with their Chosen?

125 points buys you an infiltrating Lascannon with 4 bullet catchers and thats not too shabby. Of course you can get a Termicide squad for 20 less points and have a better chance of busting a Land Raider but maybe having some extra long range firepower couldn't hurt.

single lascanons does nothing . you need 9-12 for them to be effective. the squad already costs more termicid and at 1500 we cant even fit a 2ed termicid without cuting on troops . but on the other hand for the chosen to be stable anti tank we would have to run 2 or 3 squads of them , this would mean either playing with 2 troops or no oblits [or one squad of oblits , but single hvy support should never be played so...]. not worth taking.

I vote for missile launcher and plasma guns instead for a 24" infiltration hassle unit of 10 models with IoCG inside terrain if possible.

Seems better that way. Very classic.

single lascanons does nothing . you need 9-12 for them to be effective.

Agreed but I was making the assumption that the player would also have 4-6 Oblits or some Combi-Predators on the table as well, thereby pushing us to the required amount of Lascannons.

Or as Corpse said, you could go ML/AC + Plasma for the same price. Infiltrate means that the 24" range of Plasma isn't much of a drawback and against anything not AV14, 2-3 shots might be better then 1 stronger one.

I actually tried the 5 guys with lascannon just to see what it would do. Yea... I'll pass on that. Used them in a game against a newer player, as soon as the veterans wanted a game I put them away and pulled my termicide back out :angry: .

I said missile launcher because of small units of like, 4 models all being hit and wounded by plasma, you may not want to fire an autocannon or heavy bolter because of wound allocation. Missile launcher seems to fit with the other bolters when you want to frag (and being infiltrators, catch a unit hiding behind a dead transport or something piled together).

Also the instant death potential of maybe catching a 3+ save multi-wound critter out in the open, wounding a wraithlord, etc...

I am no as knowledgeable about other dexes compared to CSM but I am pretty sure Chosen are one of the only choices that can carry an autocannon. Also, not speaking about the regular game, but in a kill team mission that might be a distinct advantage.

6 Chosen

2 Plasma Guns

Autocannon

For a little over 150 points, you get 6 wounds firing 4S7 shots a turn. Not all too shabby to be honest. In cover, they're about as survivable as termicide too. ;)

Archived