Making 320 pts.

ntgcleaner

So, what would you do? I am making a list (vs. Tau, but want to make it pretty all comers) and I have 320 points where I need to put in both troops and HQ I already have my range and Assault, so I need some medium shooting/assault units that are possibly pretty fast.

This is for a 1250 pt. list for a friend (Who has 1250 pts of Tau) but I want to make it so I can add on a couple more troops or whatever to get to 1500.

So far, I have

1 Predator w/ all Lascannons

1 predator w/ Turret lascannon only

2 Obliterators

5 Termie Champs, 4 w/ Dual L Claws, 1 w/ Chain fist and Combi Melta All Inside a Land Raider

This totals 930 points and I believe this would be a pretty solid base for a list. I know if I take out his hammerhead and broadsides, my LR can roll over anything and the termies will destroy anything they touch after turn 2. I am doing a lot of Annihilation and when I get to play others, I can play at least 1500 pts.

On another note, using this 930 points, what would you do for a 1500 pt list?

Any Suggestions?

My gut instinct is it can't be done competitively. The cheapest effective loadouts I could think of would be

Sorcerer, Doombolt = 110

5 Plague Marines, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino = 170

5 Plague Marines, 2 Plasma = 145

Total = 425 and thats still 100 points over what you have.

Ok, I hate to do it, but it seems I am going to have to take off the Terminator unit. If I did that, I would have 830 points to mess around with. But that also means I need more assault. 8 Berzerkers, 1 of them is a champ with a PF? Daemon Prince, CSM w/ a sacrificial champ?

Well if you're really big on the Terminator squad, you could keep it around but you'd have to cut elsewhere.

Removing Champion status, taking out the TL Lascannon only Predator and turning the other Predator into a Combi-Predator should buy you enough points to make some useful troops out of.

I say drop both Predators for another pair of Oblits, which will do the job better, and gives you the option to deep-strike, which is actually decent for Oblits. I think you're Terminator load out is great- 20 LC attacks on the charge, and then 4 CF attacks? Sounds good.

I don't have my book on hand, but that should give you around a total of 600-700 points to use. That means a-

Daemon Prince with Wings and Warptime

10 man CSM squad in Rhino w/ fist and 2 melta

10 man CSM squad in Rhino w/ fist and 2 plasma

and maybe enough points for another melta squad, probably enough points for a Plague Marine squad with a plasma gun for home objective sitting.

Archived