Chaos Worship Question

Think with the pantheon no specific god gets picked out. Each is seen as a different aspect of one whole thing as you would be worshipping chaos in its entirety. So chaos is essentially the god not khorne, nurgle etc etc

Individually they're a jealous bunch & demand complete devotion

If that makes any sense to you

Or you could say its Chaos and doesnt need to make sense

^^^

Correct

Also you can do it for your army if you want to. Just say all the other got killed/ they were the ones required for the mission sent by highly powerful,, chaos undivided, chaos lord such as Abaddon. Or a Daemon prince

The worship of Chaos is as schizophrenic as Chaos itself.

There is nothing preventing you at all from picking and choosing which aspects of Chaos you want to worship. In fact, Chaos' recursive nature means that even if you make up stuff to worhip within Chaos, it will begin to actually manifest.

Chaos Undivided is not necessarily paying devotion to all four gods. In the case of some Chaos worshippers (the Word Bearers among them, I believe) they don't actually worship any one god, and only dimly even recognize them. Instead, each of the Chaos Gods and the various minor gods are all 'colors' in Chaos' rich tapestry, a fragment of a greater whole.

To the question of worshipping 2 gods, if one walks down that path for long enough you might be forced into making a decision, doubly so if the gods being worshipped are traditionally opposed to one another.

The Black Legion tried this trick for quite some time, throwing their lot in with various gods at various times but it did prove to be costly for them.

So it could be the case that this leader or warband is trying to walk a fine line but might have problems in the future because of it.

I think a warband could worship any number of the gods, but there's a risk of the warband splitting over that issue.

The chaos gods are a jealous bunch, so usually it's done by worshipping one or as a pantheon...or even all gods as

one entity. I would also note that chaos worshippers may worship more than four chaos gods (lets not get into whether

there actually are more than four. Some might be minor entities/daemon princes or simply another name/aspect for one

of "the big four"). Then there's the iron warriors/night lords way of respecting the gods, but not really worshipping them

much. Also the realm of chaos books mention chaos warriors worshipping the god who'se favour they think they need at the

moment, but that goes under undivided really, because once you go for one god full time, there's no turning back even in the

old fluff.

Traditionally of course especially Khorne hates Slaanesh and vice versa while Tzeentch hates Nurgle and the other way

around. These pairs contradict each other most. Overall the gods all hate each other of course. Oddly enough I recall it mentioned that Khorne and Tzeentch armies are one of the more common alliances among the gods, even though Khorne

hates sorcery. Having a person worhip both would be contradictory unless we're taking the pantheon route, as Khorne forbids

sorcery (though some daemon princes seem to perform Khornate "magic" like in the daemon world novel I assume it's just

asking him for a favor and him granting it).

Whew...got a bit carried away there. In short, do whatever you like on the subject...but try to think of a good excuse.

Archived