Assaulting from Normal Transports?

I was playing a game against a trustworthy player. Very honest every time i've played him before and talked to him about rules.

But this one game he was using his new Space Wolves, against my Salamanders.

And he said he could exit out of a transport that has moved less than 6 inches. and then assault out of it (not move becuase the vehicle was the movement) this cost me a major unit and eventually and objective.

so i wanted to check if this was true. thanks

Athiair :D

ps. i did make the point that i thought you could only assault out of open-topped and assault ramped vehicles.

If a transport moves before the troops disembark, they may not move or assault that turn.

If the troops disembark before it moves (no pivot), they may both move and assault, and the vehicle may move.

Open-topped or Assault Vehicle rule: The troops may assault even if the transport moved before they disembarked.

p. 66-67, BRB

I would have to agree with BlackSpike on this one. Although I am not familiar with the new C:SW book, so there may be some rule in there that allows said action. You should have your friend show you in the SW book where it may say they have a rule that allows his units to assault out of a transport that moved, if it exists. The reason this works is because Codexes always take precedence over the main rule book. So if there is a rule in the SW book than your friend is right, if not then BlackSpike is correct and your friend was wrong.

ok thank you guys, also i may have told the story wrong. this game happened a couple of weeks ago, i just never posted. he may of been hiding in the transport. i can't remember (i apolize if he is on here)

thanks a lot, that is loged in memory.

Athiair :)

Archived