Iron Warriors

Iron_Snake

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at starting an iron warriors army as something different, I know the Iron Warriors don't use deamons but I was thinking of using the Unfleshed as "Lesser Deamons" with the Lord of the Unfleshed as a "Greater Deamon". However I was also considering using the Space Marine codex to represent the Iron Warriors as if I remember correctly they often hijack,steal and repair tanks etc from other armies etc.

Would this be viable?

Iron_snake

about 2 armies ago (moved onto a Fabius Bile based army then currently BL) ;) when you could bitz order i used the cyber dog from the necromunda arbites mixed with the =I= scale cyber dog which was a good bit bigger as Daemons that themed in pretty well, maybe hard to source alot of them now though :(

I dunno, the Codex Space Marines would give you Whirlwinds, Razorbacks and some Imperial Land Raider variants, but you would lose the Defiler and Obliterators. You would also lose the close combat weapons on CSM and Havoc squads.

To a degree I'd prefer to have the extra tanks than the CCW, and with regards to the Defiler and oblits I don't think I'd run them tbh. As for the unfleshed I was going to use the vampire grave ghouls and a mix of spawn, GS and the vampire Vargulf

Iron_Snake

I myself stick with C:CSM and can maintain a pretty fluffy force. For that extra level of fluffy looting tank aspect I play APOC where I can field my looted baneblades and Basilisks and whatever else I can get my hands on that strike me as something I would use to break a siege with.

Chaos Marines codex seems like the best way to represent iron warriors. You can take defilers , obliterators, terminators, and vindicators. Our dreads aren't good but you can also take berzerkers and make a pretty strong force without having to use counts as.

There's nothing flavorful for the iron warriors that you can take from the loyalist codex that can't be taken from the Chaos codex except for a master of the forge, which isn't a very good representation of a warsmith, and better dreads. And you definitely can't represent greater demons with the loyalist codex.

well, IW won't field any demons, so greater and lesser summoned demons will always be counts-as for them. I personally only dislike the sacrifice-mechanic of the GSD, have to find a satisfyingly techy explanation other than spawndom. but deep striking MEQs with a 5+ demonic save can be anything from unfleshed crawling off the ground to teleported WHFB chaos warriors.

the MotF is nice, but not DARK mechy enough for IW in my opinion, actually better represented by a chaos (tzeentch)sorcerer. where's the fun in repairing stuff only? but binding demons into warpflame-breathing, arcane monstrosities of steel and iron on the other hand...

I always field at least 2 defilers and mostly 3 defilers in a game. Nothing performs better for me. It cuts hugh holes through infantry units. I equip them with Reaper, Battle Cannon, and Havoc launcher. Just remember with Iron Warriors its all about concentration of firepower, hit a unit and keep hitting it until its gone. Discusting! The other reliable unit for me is a unit of 5 chosen w/4 melta guns mounted in a rhino w/havoc launcher. These bad boys are kept in reserve for flanking goodness. Great combination for me. I use plenty of thousand sons and plague marines. They are durable and hit hard. Thats my 2 cents.

IB9

Archived