First time with Space Marines

Hey y'all I thought Id throw these guys up there, these are the first SM's I've done (I'm a huge Ork fan :lol: ) Anyway, Im painting these guys and hopefully going to working on some background fluff for them. On the shoulder pads and basically any random place I choose I'm using Sanskrit. Want theme to be the opposite of the Thousand Sons, and be the Imperial equivilant, and the Sanskrit being the language of their planet or something. Hell I just like the way it look. Anyway bear in mind this is my first crack at Space Marines =) C&C welcomed.

gallery_52274_4553_11457.jpg

P.S. I lack a good camera so this was the best picture I could have taken.

I like the purple as well, but I am not sure if it is the camera or the actual end result but the marines look washed out too me. I would blast 'em with at least one wash of Leviathan Purple to try and deepen the colour up. I think purple works far better as a deep colour than a pale one personally.

Nice work on the sanskrit, it is neatly done and will certainly differentiate your men from other marines. Only other point has already been said, mold lines!

ID

Archived