The Great Mechanical Bull

So I have been designing a mechanical minotaur based on the Mesopotamian Gugalanna myth. Long story short, I wanted to use it as a Dreadnaught with two close combat weapons (a wicked axe and his brute size/horns)

Would this work?

Given that bulls are a fertility symbol in ancient religions, and are the featured cranium of the classic Keepers of Secrets, I could see a bull-themed monstrosity in service to a Slaaneshi army.

Personally, I'd be more concerned about it fitting in visually with your Marine army. Really can't say anything definite without pics/sketches.

Sure, why not? Sounds like an awesome and unique idea. I hope you'll post pictures when it's done (or even WIP). :)

Reminds me of Grond from Lord of the rings (the Mordor battering ram in the shape of a wolf).

I also think the thing can probably be worked into any chaos alignment with a bit of tweaking.

Chaos armies are more complex than "khorne wears red! Slaanesh army has boobs!" etc..

Some khorne worshippers/armies wear red, some don't etc..

The main chunks of the nine traitor legions are of course a bit rigid fluffwise, but even then I

think it could be tweaked into all of them, even something like the thousand sons, if done appropriately.

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apis_%28Egyptian_mythology%29 ?)

Also the old keeper of secrets model was basically a crossdressing bull, so...

Khorne is obvious and Nurgle could pass with some rust and/or other macabre touches.

The gods go by thousands of names and forms.

Tzeentch for example could be worshipped as a birdlike entity....or a snake...or a scorpion...or a jaguar...or a dragonfly

even. Can even pretend to be one of the other gods, but lets not go there...

I wish the current fluff was more willing to explore that old realm of chaos depth.

Right now I planed on making a nurglesque legion, but only because I wanted to make more of a "Dark Adeptus" legion with fleshy machines...

I planned on using peicies from the new Doombull, Necron Wraiths, Juggernaughts of Khorne... Still havent figured out how to reate his "Wicked Axe" just yet, But I want it to look like a huge Chain Axe. My other thought was to make it a spawn, but I'm still working out the Fluff...

I'll try to get the initial sketches posted soon... It takes some time since I'm stuck in Iraq right now.

Archived