Ultramarine Tactical Squad

pingo

Yeah im liking these, im not sold on the nid trophy on 2nd co marines, that honour is usually reserved for "xenos bane" 3rd co.

Still some excellent poses, very impressive

I think all companies have had their fair share of scraps with nids, not jsut the third and first.

but nicely painted, me like a lot

Really nice, like the darker blue on the armour. Only thing I don;t like is the fact they're ultramarines. And the second thing is the white squiggly lines that are meant to look like writing. I always think they look like... white squiggly lines. Coming along nicely though man, good work.

Wow; thanks so much for all the nice comments guys :tu:

I'm really pleased that people like the ammo bearers. I guess I figured a heavy bolter would go through a lot of ammo so it made sense to have some brothers lugging extra around. It's nice to tie different members of a squad together; like they're working together as a unit.

@marine: good spot with the MMX (2010): you're dead right. This was the first squad I painted this year, so I marked the unit for posterity. I might do something like that more often so I can look back in years to come and know when I did things.

@tyrannosaurus: you'll have to take my word that most of those lines look better in less extreme close-up. I can be a bit hit or miss with script at the moment. Like freehand, it's one thing I'm working on improving. And let's not hate on the Ultras - you're just jealous because of our lucrative royalty rights on the Codex Astartes (now in it's 10,000th edition) :D

Archived