Hit and run

Ok something ive always got confused about.

can hit and run be used in any players turn or can it only be used on the turn you charged.. what i was thinking was using it after your opponent s CC phase and then getting the charge in on your next turn?

Any player's turn.

Units with this ability that are locked in combat may choose to leave close combat at the end of the Assault phase.

So you

1. move assaulting units
  2. defenders react
  3. resolve combats
  4. choose to use hit & run

doesn't use scatter mate.

BRB pg 75

Hit an Run: Units with this ability may choose to leave CC at the end of the assault phase. You need to pass an I test. If failed nothing happens and you remain locked. If passed the unit breaks and immediately moves up to 3D6" in a straight line in any direction ignoring the units the were locked in CC with. No sweeping advance rolls are made. Enem units no longer locked in combat may cosolidate.

I paraphraseda bit but thats the bulk of the rules there.

you can try and break off in any turn, although its best to do it in the enemies turn for obvious reasons.

then if you pass an I test simply move th models in any direction you want the distance rolled... then charge them straight back in....

you choose to use it at the end of the assault phase by wich time combat results have been worked out, if the unit your are fighting has broken obviously you can attempt to run them down (sweeping advance) and then can consolidate.

if you break and run then the enemy can do the same to you.

if neither side broke from combat and are still locked then you can decide whether you wish to use 'Hit and Run' to make a break for it. Should you pass the I test then your opponent does not get the chance to make a sweeping advance roll and can only consolidate.

i posted a quote of the majority of the rule in my previous post which says no sweeping advance etc.

Best to use H&R at the end of opponent's assault phase, but not yours: the former gives you shooting and charging benefits, the latter gives them to the other!

Unless you're trying to leave that combat, but 3D6" isn't always going to put you 12+" away to be out of re-assault range.

Archived