Looting the Blood Angels

Checking out the new Blood Angels, especially the Sanguine guy, seems like a pretty good model to loot to use as as my Emperors children lord with wings/jumppack. The gold "muscle" armor remind me of Sigvald from WFB, Anyone else have any similar ideas?

I've been thinking the "muscled" torsos would be a good fit for Emperor's Children, or possibly a Khornate army with the right bent. As a long-time proponent of Sanguinius Abdicatus, my own Word Bearers will probably be sporting some of this new gear before too long.

I'm toying with the idea of using Seth as a Lord of Khorne, provided the figure looks like the piece of concept art that I saw a few years back (a black and white pic, possibly in White Dwarf?). He looked frickin' vicious.

Postumus

I like Astorath`s armour, I may use it for something.

Does anybody else think that aside from Lemartes and Seth the new sculpts are "too much". I think they are way overdone. Just like the whole Werewolf-cultists called the Space Wolves, led by a guy named Canis Wolfborn, riding giant wolves. :eek I don`t like this cartoony BS trend they are pushing.

So far, Astorath is going to be a jump pack, daemon weapon wielding Chaos Lord, Sanguinary Guard shall be my new raptors, and I haven't decided what the others are going to be yet.

I like the way you think.

So far, Astorath is going to be a jump pack, daemon weapon wielding Chaos Lord, Sanguinary Guard shall be my new raptors, and I haven't decided what the others are going to be yet.

So the new master of Night Lords lore is saying its ok to use the new BA codex for a Night Lords army? :tu:

Alrighty, I'm gonna print out this page and bring it to my games as evidence, haha.

So the new master of Night Lords lore is saying its ok to use the new BA codex for a Night Lords army? :tu:

Alrighty, I'm gonna print out this page and bring it to my games as evidence, haha.

But... but... it's hard not to love those models.

I'M NOT ON TRIAL HERE.

Order! Order! The Dark Gods demand it. (Ironic that they're the Chaos gods, but I digress...)

I'm probably going to base my Night Lords around the new Blood Angels, if only just so that I can have an easier time presenting army lists without people shouting at me, "MORE OBLITERATORZ!"

I'll most likely use the Sanguinary guard for inspiration, but if I were to do anything of the kind I'd end up using bat-wings instead. Their bits don't translate very well into the Night Lords.

The Death Company, however... :tu:

So the new master of Night Lords lore is saying its ok to use the new BA codex for a Night Lords army? ;)

But... but... it's hard not to love those models.

I'M NOT ON TRIAL HERE.

:tu:

The models are beautiful. I'm still undecided about the idea of "looting" the rules though.

I mean, I did just read a wonderful book where the Blood Angels made quite a mess of the Night Lords. That has left a quiet rivalry with the Blood Angels in my heart.

The Sanguinary Guard scream Emperor's Children potentional, they even have weapons with wings extending from then like the legion symbol. The abs and nippiles are just a bonus.

Dang it, I'd been successfully resisting coming back to 40k for a very long time. Now it looks like I might just have to make that Slaaneshi army after all.

All it would take for a BA successor chapter to turn to chaos is a winged daemon prince in a "glorious" form (aka, slaaneshi or tzeentchian angelic disguise) offering to forever cure them of the Red Thirst. All that's needed is a sip of their returned Primarch's vital fluids...

@darth-giles: Heh, nice idea.

@A-D-B: Thanks, it just screams Entertainment there.

@David the Despoiler: I'm so glad that Gargoyles are now in plastic....can get many wings. Also an idea I had for making the Night Lords.

Idea for using BA dex for Night Lords: Not Raptor Heavy but more terror tactics heavy: Assault Marines, Scouts, for troops. Deep Striking Land Raiders and Stormraven Gunship (going to do something to make it NL's), Terminators with LC's.

Pretty much: Locator Beacons and anything with a jump pack so I dont have many mishaps and less dice for scatter.

@darth-giles: Heh, nice idea.
Thanks. I'm actually tempted to make a Slaaneshi BA army, and present it something like this:

This is one possible terminus for the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes.

As time dragged on from the Third War for Armageddon, the Blood Angels attracted the attention of the Inquisition more and more. The Death Company was no more; battle-brothers who demonstrated the Red Thirst found themselves being destroyed by the meltaguns and flamers of the Ordo Hereticus. One particular dark night saw their last true Chapter Master incinerated when he began suffering from visions of Sanguinius at an inopportune moment.

And then, during a brief respite from the Inquisition's scrutiny, Sanguinius returned. He bore the scars of the Talons of Horus, but his wings were strong and beautiful, and he bore a purity even the Chaplains and Sanguinary priess could recognize. He passed all the challenges the chapter left before him, and offered the cure for the Red Thirst: every member of the Blood Angels chapter from its Lords and Captains on down must drink of his blood from the chalice born by the aged Corbulo.

After seven nights, the ritual was completed. And when the former Chapter Master looked out over his troops, he no longer saw the arrogance of the Adeptus Astartes. The blood of the Primarch, for such was the name of the Daemon Prince who had masqueraded as Sanguinius, served as the most powerful narcotic ever created. Blessed by Tzeentch and Nurgle and bearing the stoic silence of Khorne, Primarch had done what no other Daemon Prince had done since the time of the Heresy: s/he had subverted a First Founding chapter to the service of one of the Dark Gods.

Nurgle blessed it because he thought it was funny as hell.

Archived