Looting the Blood Angels

• 2 weeks later...
@darth-giles: Heh, nice idea.
Thanks. I'm actually tempted to make a Slaaneshi BA army, and present it something like this:

This is one possible terminus for the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes.

As time dragged on from the Third War for Armageddon, the Blood Angels attracted the attention of the Inquisition more and more. The Death Company was no more; battle-brothers who demonstrated the Red Thirst found themselves being destroyed by the meltaguns and flamers of the Ordo Hereticus. One particular dark night saw their last true Chapter Master incinerated when he began suffering from visions of Sanguinius at an inopportune moment.

And then, during a brief respite from the Inquisition's scrutiny, Sanguinius returned. He bore the scars of the Talons of Horus, but his wings were strong and beautiful, and he bore a purity even the Chaplains and Sanguinary priess could recognize. He passed all the challenges the chapter left before him, and offered the cure for the Red Thirst: every member of the Blood Angels chapter from its Lords and Captains on down must drink of his blood from the chalice born by the aged Corbulo.

After seven nights, the ritual was completed. And when the former Chapter Master looked out over his troops, he no longer saw the arrogance of the Adeptus Astartes. The blood of the Primarch, for such was the name of the Daemon Prince who had masqueraded as Sanguinius, served as the most powerful narcotic ever created. Blessed by Tzeentch and Nurgle and bearing the stoic silence of Khorne, Primarch had done what no other Daemon Prince had done since the time of the Heresy: s/he had subverted a First Founding chapter to the service of one of the Dark Gods.

Nurgle blessed it because he thought it was funny as hell.

heresy! :P

truth be told ive looted chaos bits for some of my conversions before as well, only fair you guys get to do the same ;)

such gorgious models....

Such Heresy!

This thread is uncleaned. It must be purged!

Seriously though. If any of you Slaaneshy dudes are going to be using our Sanguinary guard models to make conversions I think Slaanesh demands you do one of a few things:

1. Make one of the nipples into a boob.

2. Add an extra nipple.

3. Add an extra boob.

Cuz thats how Slaanesh roles. Freakily.

I have some Raptors converted up with standard loyalist jump packs, but now that I think about it, I'm yoinking those Sanguinary Guard wings. Squad needs something interesting anyway - normal jump packs are so boring, and black angel wings seem like something Lorgar would approve of. The chestplates are going on some Chosen, nipples and all ('cause it's MANLY). I'm really tempted to give them those power weapons and wrist-mounted bolters, too, for they are quite shiny.

Seth needs to be a Chaos Lord - hello, Daemon Weapon. Thinking about converting Astorath too, but he'd make a better Night Lord than a Word Bearer. I love that skull-wall shoulderpad. Lemartes is REALLY tempting, but that's a lot of stuff to shave off - plus I already have a winged lord.

I can't think of what to do with the Death company, other than use some of their heads - particularly the older marks.

Such Heresy!

Seriously though. If any of you Slaaneshy dudes are going to be using our Sanguinary guard models to make conversions I think Slaanesh demands you do one of a few things:

2. Add an extra nipple.

3. Add an extra boob.

i was thinking of that idea when i saw the new blood angels especially since im a fallen chapter from a successor chapter of the blood angels

Such Heresy!

2. Add an extra nipple.

3. Add an extra boob.

I'm confused by the boob:nipple math. How many is that? <_<

So far my ideas for Astorath have his purity seals cut off, his stand having a loyalist body underneath him as he jumps off to slam his axe into another space marine or something like that. I need to still see how the model looks in the blister.

What do you guys think about Death masks? It seems like a “healthy” alternative to winged helmets. According BA fluff death masks are suppose to cause terror in opponent (do not remember justification for this). It seems to me that lifeless human face instead of a regular helmet might be much more terrifying.

I like the effect, but the description/cause is plain ridiculous.

"Golden energy dances across the Death Mask to form a horrifying halo."

It's Space Jesus! Flee!! :P

Archived