New Tyranids...unbeatable?

khurdur

My regular opponent...my brother has broken out the new tyranids...I've yet to win a battle against him

He uses 3 lists

One with 60 genestealers,6 zoanthropes and the doom of malantai

another with 3 trygons, a tervigon, lots of gaunts,3 zoanthopes and the doom of malantai

and one with 2 hive tyrants,3 carnifexes, 2 venomthopes for cover save, gaunts and the doom of malantai

I usually play with

chaos lord daemon weapon,wings

9 berzerkers-fist-rhino

7 plague marines-fist,2x plasma,rhino

10 marines 2x melta rhino

3 termies hvy flamer 2x melta

2x2 oblits

defiler

one turn 1-2 I usually can inflict damage, but when the zoanthropes arrive I lose the defiler and they outshoot the obliterators,

the doom of malantai DSs and has a free run, slaughtering marines, and then things like trygons and genestealers(masses of them finish off whats left. The synergy they have is horrendous...

Lots of gaunts...for low cost

Big monsters that can hack through anything, with venomthropes for 5+ cover for protection from plasma...just how much can you throw at them????

Zoanthropes to pop vehicles with the greatest of easy and them blow up your men while protected from your fire by a 3+ invul-

And the doom of malantai for killing our 15p each marines...roll a 13-14 on yor 3d6 and see squads disappear..and oh yeah he's also got a 3+ invul and vies for melta and plasma fire with the zoanthropes..

What is a servant of the Chaos Gods to do??

Target priority :)

If your going to shoot the big guy with a big gun then shoot the venomthrope with small guns first.

The doom is annoying and I would suggest you kill him quickly. S8 or higher with shooting (try to avoid wasting plasma fire) or combat (meh he gets a save but you cause ID), or just pile in in combat or bolters so that he takes so many wounds he will fail his saves. Also what rules have you decided in regards to transports? Can he suck units in transports?

Zoanthropes dies pretty much like the doom but obviously the danger they present is different. How close do they normally get?

Also do you find any of your units doing little?

Unfortunately oblits aren't the best choice I've noticed VS the new nids. I'm now only fielding 2 of them as opposed to my usual 4-6 when I face nids.

I disagree entirely i run 5 and I haven't lost a single game out of 6 times of playing them the new tyranids that is. Powerfists for doom of Mal and dropping tyrants and 'fex and trygons and terv possibley could just be your rolling not so well? I also space my army out its the best way to thin your opponent out making them chase after what they need to kill

Also...Vindicator vs Defiler?

The Vindi is cheaper,has better armour and hits that little bit harder,

while the defiler doesn't have to close in to its prey, has daemonic possession and can fight...

What is better for tyranids?

In my last game vs. Nids I turned the Doom into a spawn... that made things a heck of a lot easier.

Tzeench prince is expensive but "gifting" is good fun for all!

I was playing my Defiler (alas I have but one) and regretted it as I found that the nids had a tough time with my rhinos, so my Vidy (alas I have but one of these as well) could have schooled them.

Also...Vindicator vs Defiler?

The Vindi is cheaper,has better armour and hits that little bit harder,

while the defiler doesn't have to close in to its prey, has daemonic possession and can fight...

What is better for tyranids?

remember you can put possession on your vindi.

I guess it depends on both lists but if a Zoanthrope gets to close and fails to kill you... or the doom gets to close a defiler can always attack them in combat!

Archived