Application of the new 40k FAQ

In the latest 40k FAQ a question was answered concerning monstrous creatures and rending with multiple penetration dice.

As an extrapolation from this I wonder what happens with non-monstrous creatures with multiple penetration dice and effects based off of the roll to penetrate. In specific my question is regarding a Necron Lord armed with a Warscythe and Disruption Fields.

Warscythes allow 2d6 to be rolled for armor penetration and Disruption Fields cause whatever is armed with them to glance a vehicle on an armor penetration roll of a 6 regardless of the model's strength and the vehicle's armor.

My question is how does this work with the Necron Lord. Against a vehicle like a land raider, if the Lord rolls two sixes for armor penetration is it handled as a single penetrating hit, a penetrating hit, a glancing hit and a penetrating hit, two glancing hits and a penetrating hit?

I know that the two glancing hits and a penetrating hit sounds rather absurd. But, I can think of people attempting this by applying the monstrous creature ruling with how the Disruption Fields entry is written.

According to the Codex Necrons Disruption fields work like Gass Weapons, and Gauss weapons do not score the glancing hit if the armour penetration roll is beating the AV of the target anzway. So the Necronlord rolling two 6s would score a single penetrating hit.

Archived