Chaos using Blood Angel Rules

What Chaos chapter comes to mind when you think BA.Personally I think Night lords but thats just me.with Astorath the Grim ( http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod550016a ) up for advanced order i mean he looks chaosy maybe shave off the blood angels insignia and chaos it up a little bit paint it to a chaos color scheme and there you go.so what do you guys think for Chaos using BA rules what chaper do you think suites them

I've been using the PDF Codex in the past to represent Raptor heavy lists. Now from looking at the store copy I think that it will take some 'wrapping-my-head' around the new Codex before I can decide whether to use it or not.

I will pick up the new Codex today and give it a read and get back to you.

World Eaters if anything. Now in my opinion, it's not that Night Lordy. Too many dreads, baal pred's etc. And we Night Lords can possibly be explained as randomly having furious charge, and it can be explained by the fact we recruit psychos and rapists etc, but I don't think the new BA doctrine suits us too well.

Just my thoughts.

World Eaters if anything. Now in my opinion, it's not that Night Lordy. Too many dreads, baal pred's etc. And we Night Lords can possibly be explained as randomly having furious charge, and it can be explained by the fact we recruit psychos and rapists etc, but I don't think the new BA doctrine suits us too well.

Just my thoughts.

If you use another dex to represent your army you are not doing it to use twenty dreads... or baal preds. It's if you want to do a raptor heavy army pretty much at least in the case of Blood Angels.

If you wish to use the Blood Angels 'dex to represent Chaos then do it, so long as you let your foe know this is what you are doing and have a list on hand to show what counts as what.

I'm thinking of doing the same to try out the Codex and get a feel for the list until I can get my Blood Angels army modelled and painted.

From time to time I use the Space Wolves 'dex for my Black Legion purely for a change (though I avoid post-heresy options and units such as Thunderwolf Cav in the case of Wolves). Quite a few do this in my area and have no problems so long as everything clearly explained and demonstrated on the army list.

I've been thinking on this and the more I think about it the more I like it. I would even do it to just get better rules. Chaos has to do something against this explosion of insanely cool wolf vamp lists.

Its just a game after all. As long as everything is CRYSTAL clear about what it is I have absolutely no problem with it.

Blood angels players especially die hards will cry but so what.

I've been thinking on this and the more I think about it the more I like it. I would even do it to just get better rules. Chaos has to do something against this explosion of insanely cool wolf vamp lists.

Its just a game after all. As long as everything is CRYSTAL clear about what it is I have absolutely no problem with it.

Blood angels players especially die hards will cry but so what.

I suppose it's appropriate enough for chaos marines to steal the codex of another army... :P

(especially alpha legion)

I have been planning a night lords army using this dex. Its going to be pre-heresy ish, and/or a night lords warband that has a less chaos feel to them. Maybe even go so far as to build a "what if" army. The what if being, had the night lords stayed loyal. Then again the Death company would make for some cool Daemons counts as.

I have been planning a night lords army using this dex. Its going to be pre-heresy ish, and/or a night lords warband that has a less chaos feel to them. Maybe even go so far as to build a "what if" army. The what if being, had the night lords stayed loyal. Then again the Death company would make for some cool Daemons counts as.
That is a great idea, go for it! and please remember to post pictures.

With a bit of thinking and planning maybe you could accomplish all three in one go (more or less)?

Especially if you go all out and have a lot of older armors? Just a thought.

I too would like to see pictures of this, of course. :)

Ya i can see a half/half red coristar night lords army using BA rules Red coristar looted Baal Preads and night lord jump infantry i mean how cool would astorath the grimm look painted up with NL colors also maybe death company could be some kind of death guard or something

Archived