LPC: Space Hulk Terminator on Throne

TheDarker

Ok, first actualization of my Librarium Painting Challenge: An Ultramarined Terminator on throne. It´s more finished than this but i didn´take more photos, hope in a week :P :P

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/LordDarker/Pintarrajeadas/DSCN3875.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/LordDarker/Pintarrajeadas/DSCN3877.jpg

At this point only the robe (and some purity seals) were finished, but now it has the legs... now i only have to paint the body and the arms... and the throne. Don´t know if i must paint the throne XD

• 2 weeks later...

Second update!. Now i´m sure i will not finish it in time... :tu: ;) . But, i´m happy with my speed and with the battle damages... improving a bit on every mini!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/LordDarker/Pintarrajeadas/DSCN3920.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/LordDarker/Pintarrajeadas/DSCN3914.jpg

C&C always welcome!

Thanks for your comment! About your question, well, maybe the claw sliced over the len of the helmet and ripped his eye, leaving the skull relatively harmless...and considering the eye is long gone... (ok ok, the skull should have a scar but... i put it on the other eye :))

That is amazing brush work mate! I cannot wait to see it finished. My only negative is that I think he would have looked even better if you'd Ultramarine-ised his armour's decoration a little. This is just a tiny personal niggle though and really I can't fault your skills... is there anything you can't do?

now hurry up and get it finshed :D

James

Thanks to all, specially to you, POS. Yes, i thinked on re-doing the chalices but two things weight agains: First, removing them should have been a problem (the "wings" or bars or whatever is the thing that acompaines the chalice, like the one in the legs would need a lot of work to re-do it in a good way. Second: This is a marvellous mini, and i wanted to remove as little detail as i can. Also, who says that chalices are BA-only ;D)

Hope i finish it soon, will post the final result... and maybe a tutorial as my penance for not finishing it on time :)

Second update!. Now i´m sure i will not finish it in time... :) B) . But, i´m happy with my speed and with the battle damages... improving a bit on every mini!

I'm not being funny dude but if you don't think you're going to finish please don't rush to make the deadline. I'd much rather you finished it looking even more fantastic than is does so far than rush it and you not be happy with it.

I'm not being funny dude but if you don't think you're going to finish please don't rush to make the deadline. I'd much rather you finished it looking even more fantastic than is does so far than rush it and you not be happy with it.

Aaaaaaand that´s the reason because i know that i´m not gonna get it in time, because i prefer to wear an signature of shame that ruining this mini. Hell, at this moment i CAN´T "paint fast", that idea is a mistery to me XD

Thanks for your comment! About your question, well, maybe the claw sliced over the len of the helmet and ripped his eye, leaving the skull relatively harmless...and considering the eye is long gone... (ok ok, the skull should have a scar but... i put it on the other eye :()

I will agree with the others and sya that is some great brushwork. As far as the scar on the skull being on his right eye socket and the rend in his helmet going through where his left eye would be I figure he just got hit twice. The first time he got hit, he was in football terms "looking out his earhole" and then the second slash cut through the left side of the helmet and his right eye.

Anyone who does this hobby long enough will make similar mistakes ending up with an arm on backwards or you end up with models with some chapter insignia on the wrong shoulder or the like. When you can paint as well as you can, these things are overlooked.

Archived