Attention Fellow Traitors!

Lady Lictor

I find myself in desperate need of your knowledge, my brothers. My God has commanded me to obtain the symbols of the 9 primary legions that have learned the truth of the Emperor. The symbols of the World Eaters, of the Bearers and Black Legion; the symbol of the depraved Emperor's Children, and that of putrefied Death Guard; bring to me the sign of the Iron Warriors and that of the Night Lords and of the Alpha Legion. That of my own legion, the sorcerous Thousand Sons, I know, as our beautiful sun is imprinted upon my very soul.

So please, my brethren, links and pictures of all are needed for my God; He has deemed the creation of a Mahjong set to amuse himself in the Warp with.

May your blades be sharp and your God on your side.

~Lady

Greetings, Lady Lictor,

You can find images of several of the pre-heresy Legion symbols in the Decals section here.

I think if you search the Lexicanum website for the names of each of the Legions you mentioned, you can find pictures of their post-Heresy insignia with their entries.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Of course, you can also see the Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion symbol in my avatar. I forgot about that. :D

I'm not exclusively looking for pre-Heresy symbols, but I'll take them if I can't find one that's post-Heresy. Like the Sons, they use Tzeentch's symbol now. And I'm using that symbol for a different tile. So since that is used, I used the pre-Heresy Son symbol instead.

I'm not exclusively looking for pre-Heresy symbols, but I'll take them if I can't find one that's post-Heresy. Like the Sons, they use Tzeentch's symbol now. And I'm using that symbol for a different tile. So since that is used, I used the pre-Heresy Son symbol instead.

The Sons don't use Tzeentch's symbol as their legion mark, they have an ourobos snake twisting around as their symbol. You can see it quite clearly in the Lexicanum.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thousand_Sons

Thanks guys, I've got it all set out now. Just gotta find a few more symbols (pick another ork, pick another tau, pick another 'Nid), and decide what phrases I'm using for the dragon tiles.

So for those that don't know the tile set, here:

4 Season: the 4 Choas God symbols

4 Flowers: 4 Imperium symbols (Emp. Eagle, Mechanicum symbol, Inquisition symbol, and the ... Terminus something or other for the Adeptes Astartes)

Suit 1 (1-9): 9 Primary Loyalist legions (Imp Fists, Ultra, etc)

Suit 2 (1-9): 9 Primary Chaos legions (Sons, World Eaters, etc)

Suit 3 (1-9): 2 Tau, 2 Ork, 2 'Nid, 1 Eldar

Green Dragon: Chaos cries (BftBG, All is Dust, and 2 other undecided)

Red Dragon: Loyalist cries (... Yeah, haven't decided on these yet...)

White Dragon: Neutral cries (WAGH!, FtGG, NOMNOMNOM, and something else)

And the wild tiles (for faster playthroughs) have yet to be decided on.

I'll post pics when it's done, but maaaaan, it's taking forEVER to do each on... Make the tile, carve the symbol, fire the tile, glaze the tiles, fire the glazes... O_o I'm about 2/3 done with the 1st suit, halfway through the second, and done the flowers and seasons as it is.

Beware foul Mahjong-loving heretic! The Blood Angels have been made wise to your schemes! I shall inform the Ordo Malleus immediately. All sinners fear the Emperor's Wrath.

Now, with formalities out of the way I would like to make sure you don't mess up any Imperial sayings to try to dishonour us. So:

4 Flowers: The symbol you are missing is the symbol classically known as the "Death's Head". This is the symbol for the Adeptus Astartes, the Emperor's Space Marines which you rightly know fear of. Basically, its a winged skull. I'm sure one of your cultists here can find a link for you.

Suit 1: Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, Salamanders, Dark Angels, Iron Hands, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Raven Guard, and the White Scars.

Green Dragon: I have heard our librarians decipher your foul speech and battle cries before. I believe the ones you are missing are "All praises" of the Word Bearers and "Iron Within, Iron Without" of your own deviant Iron Warriors.

Red Dragon: "Ultra!" or "Courage and Honour", "For the Emperor and Sanguinius, DEATH DEATH!", "Repent for tomorrow you die!", and "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!". You may leave off the DEATH DEATH part if you so choose.

White Dragon: "In the grim darkness of the 41st millenium, there is only war" or some derivation thereof. Possibly just, "there is only war".

Good luck with your project heretic. :lol:

Interesting, I didn't find the Death's Head anywhere, and you're the first to mention it.

And I have to make sure the cries I use are short enough to fit onto the tiles I make without squishing it in. The things are only 1 and 1/4 inches in either direction, and the great big phrases won't fit on there if I have to carve them by hand. That's the only thing influencing those choices, really. ^^ And yes, "Blood for the Blood God" will be abbreviated, as will "For the Greater Good".

Stinks you have to abbreviate, but I had no idea how small mahjong pieces were. Hmmm, maybe you could fit "Skulls for Khorne!" on there instead of BftBG? Maybe a Tau sept symbol instead of FtGG?

Here is as close to the Adeptus Astartes symbol as I can find. Its extremely close I think.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...wOIuRtgfvstmGCg

The Sons don't use Tzeentch's symbol as their legion mark, they have an ourobos snake twisting around as their symbol. You can see it quite clearly in the Lexicanum.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Thousand_Sons

THat snakesymbol , isn't that the symbol of the Rubric of Ahriman ??

Archived