Rallying and And They Shall Know No Fear

Just a simple question. I've always understood that when Space Marines fall back they auto-rally that turn, meaning if in their turn there is an enemy within 6" of them and when they fall back they are out of 6" so they auto-rally and can Move, Shoot, and Assault like the And They Shall Know No Fear says. Am I right on this or did I miss a minor detail?

Just a simple question. I've always understood that when Space Marines fall back they auto-rally that turn, meaning if in their turn there is an enemy within 6" of them and when they fall back they are out of 6" so they auto-rally and can Move, Shoot, and Assault like the And They Shall Know No Fear says. Am I right on this or did I miss a minor detail?

you did miss a minor detail. They do not rally the same turn they fall back. ATSKNF has no impact on when (chronologicly) you can rally, therefor you can only do so at the start of movement phase like everyone else.

yes an enemy model within 6" prevents a regroup - the only normal restriction ATSKNF allows you to ignore is being below half strength.

the order should be

->unit takes 2% or more casualties

->unit fails/chooses to fail morale check

->unit falls back 2D6 inches (infantry)

->MARINE PLAYERS TURN

->are there any enemy models within 6" of the marine unit?? -->YES? cannont regroup and fall back another 2D6"

--> NO? unit auto-regroups and may act as normal (move/shoot/run/assault)

AM

Archived