The Normish's Doom Guard WIP

The Normish

THREAD TERMINATED - NEW PROJECT, NEW THREAD, ARMY RE-VAMP

Alright everyone, I decided to start my own army blog!

Here I will post all the WIP shots I can stand to post. First off, my very first Predator.

Next in line will be my Command Squad and Scout Squad.

Thirdly, I will post my Dreadnought and Captain.

When more are assembled, I will show them as well. If I am doing interesting conversions, I will be sure to notify you as well.

Do keep in mind that I may have significant lapses between updates, because of the amount of work I have to deal with...

On behalf of the Doom Guard, I bid you all welcome!

Sorry for the delay. A power cut interfered with my uploading of pictures and my posting.

Alright. Here is my first ever Predator.

I chose to assemble it as a "Destructor" pattern Predator, since I mainly face off against my arch-foe's Orks, and it will be more efficient against horde armies.

Note that I took all of the upgrades. A firepower obsession of mine.

You will note that in the area where normally there is a door (for the Rhino at least), I have placed two dreadnought sarcophagi facings (leftovers), which fits into a part of my DIY Chapter's fluff. We bury our Techmarines in the vehicles they attended to. That way, they aid the Machine Spirit even in death.

I baptized this Predator "OVERKILL" (all-caps). Hopefully it will live up to its name.

And now, the pics!

gallery_50723_4325_766635.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_640287.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_549489.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_298918.jpg

Fun and games on the Army Blog!

Can you spot the price and currency of the book the Predator is resting on (you might have to zoom in)? First right answer gets... the satisfaction of winning!

For the most part, looks good! First time I've seen a predator with the aquila on the turret rather than the hull. The dreadnought sarcophagus plates on the rear door are also a nice touch. I don't really like HK missiles in general, but I guess it's fitting for something named "Overkill"...

For the most part, looks good! First time I've seen a predator with the aquila on the turret rather than the hull. The dreadnought sarcophagus plates on the rear door are also a nice touch. I don't really like HK missiles in general, but I guess it's fitting for something named "Overkill"...

Thank you, first-comment-giver!

The Hunter-Killer missile is there for the elimination of my arch-foe's Trukk, so that I may focus my other units on his troops.

LoL i too carry the Firepower obsession, tho I've found that more often then not the loan hunterkiller missle fails epically, either it misses or does no damage, to my experiance anyhow, i'm accually working on a model concept for a small titan/ vary large dread with 20 hunter killers on it that must all be fired in the same turn, That my friend is overkill, but funny as hell just the same.

Cant wait to see more progress on this

PS: Love the Tech-marine fluff, i might steal that idea.

very nice predator man!

the currency on the back of that book is in kenyan shillings(?)

Ting-ting! Congratulations! We have a winner!

Indeed, the book cost me 1350 Kenyan Shillings (about 20 U.S. Dollars, 10 Pounds Sterling - I think).

The book is Hitler's Spy Chief, by Richard Bassett.

See later for another episode of Fun and Games on the Army Blog!

P.S.: I will be posting pictures of my Command Squad and and Scout Squad later this evening.

Ugh. Sorry for yet another delay. POWER CUTS. Curse you, Kenya Power and Lighting Company!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, here is today's update. Featured are my 2nd Company Command Squad (with Veteran sergeant, Company Standard-Bearer, Apothecary, Company Champion, and Company Doomsayer), and my Scout Squad (codename Alpha), with seven members.

I tried to pose the Command Squad so that they looked like they were either surveying the battlefield or preparing to beat back an enemy assault. I suppose I should explain what a Company Doomsayer is. He is shown in the second picture (see below). A Doomsayer (according to my own DIY fluff) is a veteran in the Command Squad appointed before each battle (so one Squad member theoretically is switched every once in a while), and his duty is to come up with an adequate battle cry (usually the Chapter battle cry - see my signature).

Scout Squad Alpha has seven members at the moment, due to recent casualties in skirmish against insidious Orks (though really because I had two spares from somewhere).

I have resolved to include a bit of Chapter's fluff in each update. Not only will it explain my figurines, but it will help me develop my IA.

PICS!

gallery_50723_4325_240684.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_564552.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_55594.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_700318.jpg

Fun and Games on the Army Blog!

Something is wrong with the Scout Sergeant (deliberately so). Can you identify the discrepancy?

First right answer gets... a proverbial cookie!

The sniper scope's missing?

normally the box contains a hand holding a scope, but on the model you chose the one with the pointing fingers.

In case the model is actually the sergeant :D

he isnt holding his scope in his right, this aswell as the lack of a scope on the sniper rifle provides a predicament when he 's trying to snipe an enemy from a destance.

nice model love the fluff for the doomsayer, although maybe he should shout the company battle cry rather than come up with a chapter battle cry each battle, the original doomsayer for each company would be the one to come up with the battle cry.

EDIT: ninja'd by talhydras

The sniper scope's missing?

normally the box contains a hand holding a scope, but on the model you chose the one with the pointing fingers.

In case the model is actually the sergeant :D

Ting-ting! Congratulations! We have a winner (again)!

You have correctly guessed that the discrepancy is the Sergeant's rifle scope. I originally thought that it was a telescope, so I gave it to the missile-launcher Scout, and only later realized that the rifle was missing a scope!

My justification? He's so good he doesn't need a scope for his sniping.

P.S.: I will be posting pictures of my Dreadnought and Captain tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Hello good people.

I'm this here The Normish's "Arch-Foe" as he so eloquently put it, and yes, i'm talking about my filthy xeno army on the sacred bolter and chainsword! :P

Rest assured though, I'm going to be a more active member of da waaagh than here, and I'm not going to go spout things about ultra-smurfs etc... (okay, maybe just a little, got to have a little fun now and then :P ) . No, I'm only here to comment on The Normish's army-building efforts, just so that da humie lies don't get to you and you know who's the real winner in our rivalry :D. Well, it's all in good sport, and for anyone who's interested, I'll soon be starting my own army blog (and posting the link) over on the greenskin forum, so you can compare notes.

By the way, i'm actually heavily indebted to The Normish here, because he's responsible for buying me an ork megaforce just so he'd have someone to play against. Same goes for paint. Primer gets here monday!

Hello again everyone!

Today's update will feature my 2nd Company Captain, Varas Uller, Master of the Fleet. Some of you may have seen my prototype for him, which I have decided to scrap. This re-vamped version is made using the Space Marine Captain sprue and such. I like the simple conversion I did on his helmet, as I got tired of all the Captains having Mk. 7 helmets.

Captain Varas Uller, born on Hectoran IX, became Company Captain the very year that Chapter-Master Conrad the Eternal was interred into his Dreadnought body. That was the year of the infamous Battle of Slodia, where the forces of Chaos successfully tore a whole world from the grasp of the Imperium and of the Doom Guard. Since then, Captain Uller has vowed to avenge the brothers lost at Slodia.

Second up, I have my Dreadnought, whose name I suppose is Revered-Brother Ketchum (an inside joke, sorry). He is one of the original Doom Guard members, and was a Terminator Sergeant in the First Company until his consecration, after he boarded a Tyranid hive-ship at the battle of Tennar Prime. I quite like the shield on his breastplate.

And, as an added bonus, I have decided to respond to my arch-foe (FZappa), who posted here yesterday, by making an assault sergeant squashing a grot. Enjoy (apologies for poor image quality).

gallery_50723_4325_644651.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_93892.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_268610.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_549983.jpg

gallery_50723_4325_142321.jpg

Fun and Games on the Army Blog!

Last time, Talhydras correctly guessed that my Scout Sergeant was missing a rifle scope. Today's challenge:

Find and post the link to my prototype Captain, mentioned in the update. No hints.

First right answer gets... my eternal recognition!

is this him?:

gallery_50723_4325_135454.jpg

and i also guessed the scout captain thing!

Ting-ting! Congratulations! We have a winner!

Congratulations on finding my Captain Uller prototype. You can see now why I decided to scrap him for bitz. Personally I thought it would be much harder to find him, I guess you just went to my Album, eh?

P.S.: Comments and criticism on my modeling would be welcome as well!

Just thought i'd give you guys the heads-up, but the opposing, rival thread is up. It can be found here. Feel free to take a look and draw your own comparisons. (though I guess I know what to expect from da humies.)

I think this is going to be a long and beautiful enmity :lol:

Well lads and ladies, I don't have too much to report on.

I did however manage to get my arms on a Chaos Predator. A person I know used to play, and he was kind enough to give it to me. I have some serious work to do if I'm going to purify it.

Also, I have received a squad of Marines form a former Blood Angels player. We'll see how that goes.

Pictures will come forth as soon as my camera is recharged.

it takes five days for it to recharge? ;)

Well, I have misplaced the cable...

However, I am pleased to report that I have purified the Chaos Predator, and have two new Tactical Squads.

One of my sergeants has an interesting backstory relating to his back banner. More info with his picture.

Archived