Witch hunters vs. Dark eldar (the shootie ones)

Aron

The match is 750p of witch hunters vs. 1000p of dark eldar. I have to make a last stand near the objective.

I need ideas for army lists and for tactics.

Do you know if you will be facing a Warrior Kabal or a Wych Cult or a mix of both, will he be using any special characters? What size board will you be using and how dense will terrain be. Do you know who is having first turn?

However I can break DE into three main types..

Raider units (Warriors or Wychs)

Jetbikes

Talos... and this is slow so not that scary unless he uses a portal...

oh i forgot the ravager :blink:

As a general rule of thumb light armour and if he has a Talos T7... however this is probably an advantage unless he portals, if he tries that sit on the portal. I don't have the WH codex with me now and I don't know if your inducting things or not... However for transports Heavy bolters can penetrate them but things with a s6 or up with multiple shots = good, such as multi-lasers and auto-cannons. once on the ground you should be able to mow DE infantry but avoid combat because wychs and DE squad leaders can be nasty but you might do ok against warriors.

They have no psykers so don't worry about that although they can take wargear that has negative effects on psykers (although I've rarely seen that taken unless they know psykers will be out to play). Avoid heavy expensive armoured units such as Land Raiders, lance fire will make you eat it. However transports can be beneficial to protect your infantry from enemy fire until you are ready to take them on.

If you have any specific questions I will try to help :P

My opponent is playing no wyches. the terrain on my part of the board will be dense, because of the scenario that we are playing I set up the terrain because I defend.

Archived