Long Ranged Dakka

Archnomad

The 10 man dev squad with 1 lascannon and 3 missille launchers might be something to consider, but dev's are alas somewhat overpriced at the moment. (IMO dev's should get 1 free "basic" heavy for every 5 men, with the options to upgrade those basic heavies and purchase up to two more heaviess, fits in more with the tac squad ideal where the ten man tac gets a free basic special and basic heavy for the same cost as a naked 10 man dev squad)

On the other hand, if you want a more standardized list and not a 100% gunline army, here are the truly viable long-range units available to the vanilla dex;

- dakkapredators

- combipredators

- rifleman dreads

- typhoon/HB speeders

- 5 men sternguard units with 2 heavies

- bike MotF with conversion beamer

Umm.. I have all of these in my current army. Is that healthy? :D

Sometimes I don't field the rifleman though to make space for 4 typhoons or more predators in lower point games.

And btw I was against the tri-las predators for a long time, but I tested it in some recent games and it always brings back those 165 points. Always.

I'm still a friend of the combi-pred, but points-wise the dakkapred is top sh*t.

Umm.. I have all of these in my current army. Is that healthy?

No, it makes me jealous, because I still have to buy and convert myself some rifleman dreads, and the day I own my very own typhoon speeders is still very far away.

Archived