Writing on a dark blue background?

Token

My marines are mainly dark blue, some black and other colors, I want to write some runes and text on the dark blue background, what colors looks good? Would black wide lines with smaller thinner lines of.. white..? look good?

How do you highlight grey text?

you can do it many ways

highglight areas from a direction(the simplest is the top) highlight just the top half...so for an I, you would only highlight the top half, the lower half would stay grey...or the third being edge and shadow to create a feeling of indentation

when doing whites, i recommend offwhites...grey whites are often a bit bland, which can work with colour schemes, i personally like yellowed whites...all you do is pick a yellowish colour(i use iraqui sand VMC) you can use any soft yellow brown to do this(snakebite, bubonic brown etc)...and mix a TINY bit into skull white

Alex

im not having much sucess experimenting with diffirent colors, its really hard to highlight a small letter, i want it to look either... classy, like golden or something, or rough, like having runes cut into a stone.

thats likely because you have terrible brushes...if they are not kolinsky sable you are gonna have a hard time keeping a fine point and thus difficulty with fine freehand

it can also be motor skills

regardless if you want indentations you just need to google "indented lettering" ....for golden letters i would suggest avoiding it, its difficult to pull off with little experience

i would honestly start with basic letters before highlighting them

Alex

Archived